Saturday, November 01, 2014

What I Love Most is the 80's!!!!!!!!!!

My lovely friend Lisa threw me a vintage, favorite things birthday party back in June.  We all had a blast.  I dressed up in 80's attire because it's one of my favorite eras.  I was born in 1978, so I did some growing up in the 80's.  Just enough time to swoon over the girls wearing white leather boots with fringe, carrying their over sized GUESS bags to class.  Reebok high tops were at their height and layering socks was the happening thing.  

I have proof that I wore my hair this exact way.  See?....It's as if my hair had 80's memory and went right back to that peacock slash feathered slash wave look.  ;)
Shauna and Lisa, the two birthday girls.  Her birthday was a few days after mine.  




I loved the 80's.  This time reminds me of my mom.  She was big into music and always was.  She would often say the best music came from the 50's and 80's.  I grew up listening to Wham, OMD, Madonna, New Order and all the rest of it.  Mainly because this is what my mom listened to.  

The 80's often gets a bad wrap for it's fashion, but I think it was one of the best era's for fashion.  It was modest, and it was real fashion, with exaggerated lines, fabrics and shapes.  Some of the greatest boots came from the 80's.  And the dresses, my absolute favorite.  I've got a closet full of them.   I loved it then and I love it now.  Bat wing sleeves are a favorite of mine, along with a little puff sleeve.  Sure neon and jelly bracelets were a little much but there was soooo much more than that! 

What I Love Most today is the 80's!!!!!!  Thank you Lisa and friends for celebrating me.  And a special thanks to Lisa for preparing her home for all of us to enjoy a night with each other.   I love you all!!!   

http://klippel.blogspot.com/2011/11/blog-post_02.html

6 comments:

  1. I had completely forgotten about New Order! You forgot The Jets! To me they are so iconic 1980's! They were played at about every church dance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm_QilrHkh8
    Happy Belated Birthday! Great friends! Confused by the cleaning products ???? Glad you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. In your pic from childhood you can totally see your older boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 80's - also when I grew up - listening to pretty much the same music as you. You look fab and it looks like a great party xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. marie wallwork9:50 AM

    Shauna I am so glad you have so many great friends to take care of you, love you and provide you with so much awesome fun!!! You definitely deserve it. So looking forward to reading all your posts in November. heart heart (yellow of course)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 words. Pegged Pants! You had to have pegged pants with your layered socks and white Reebok high tops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so much fun! Loved partying with you. :)

    ReplyDelete