For years, the members of my ward (church building) have made it a tradition to go beach camping together during the summer time. Friends have been asking me for a few years to come but I knew I just wasn't up for it. Back then I was still having babies and after Georgia, I was pregnant about every year and half, three times. I'm an adventurous person, but I've got my limits. So, last year registration came up in January and I took the plunge, still being a little hesitant. But, alas, I am so glad we went because we had the best time ever!!
I knew it would be fine without Kirk because I had my trusty helpers. Kirk actually drove us over the hill to Santa Cruz, New Brighton Beach where we set up camp. Our site was tucked right into a little forested area of the campground. It was so quaint and cute. I love our site. :)
Kalen's arm was still healing from a bad break and a surgery. But, nothing stops him, not even that apparently, because that's him jumping and catching the ball. The kids had such a blast. One of my best friends, Thira, also joined us for the week of camping. She was right next door.
I was very impressed with myself. I cooked all of our meals with the stove. I had that thing down by the end of the week. :) We actually kept meals very simple. Oatmeal and homemade muffins in the morning with fruit. And pre-made meals that we could heat up on the stove.
This is New Brighton Beach, and just along that cliff all the way to the left of this picture and around the bend is Capitola. Capitola is a favorite beach of ours.
Is that a boy peaking over the sand or a Prarie Dog? Yeah, I thought it was a Prarie Dog too. :):)
Beach camping was so much fun. We just sat around on the beach all day, everyday. We ate, we laughed, we visited, and we relaxed and played with kids.
On one of the days, Thira and I split with our kids and went over to Capitola. Capitola is a surfing beach so the waves are way better there. Plus, some of the boys do actually surf, which meant they could catch better waves.
My brother and sister in law were in town, so I stole one of their daughters to come camp with us. My kids loved being able to camp with their cousin!
It's s'more time!
S'more face...
Now that I've done it once, beach camping is on the list for our summer happenings. We all had such a great time. I'm hoping to recruit more family and friends for next year! Until summer 2015, what I love most is beach camping!!!







I wonder if this is the same beach I was asking about. I so want to go there this summer with my children.
ReplyDeleteawwww. I want to go beach camping!! how fun. seriously, awesome pictures. and Kalen broke his arm again? what the heck? I want to hear more about that! that pic of him catching the baseball is the BEST!! summer broken arms are the worst. I had 4 of them for 4 summers in a row when I was little. why wasn't Kirk there?
ReplyDeletethat looks like fun! a wild time, but fun!
ReplyDelete