Well for starters, I was correcting my children's home school work and came across this. My heart skipped a beat. I will never, ever get rid of this. I am not a sentimental person when it comes to most things, but this kind of thing I live for. I love you Reece.
When I was in Utah I made a special trip to the church bookstore, Deseret. I got this scripture guide for the Book of Mormon. We are currently reading in 3rd Nephi and we just decided to start using the book in 3rd Nephi, as opposed to starting over. We've been reading scriptures with the kids for years, but this is exactly what we needed to step it up a notch. We have loved this so much!!!! It has great activities for each chapter, great discussion questions and it's short. We can use it each evening when we read and it only takes about 25 minutes. (This is with older children.)
So far we have discussed in depth what the gathering of Israel really means. Who are the lost tribes? Who are the Gentiles? Are they lost in the Saviors eyes? And what does this say about how the Savior feels about us? And below I cut out characters from a bible coloring book and spread them all over the room and the children slowly gathered them over the course of the study guides direction. I love it, and the kids do to.
What's new is Watermelon. I tried buying one a few months back and it was awful. So I finally came around to getting one again, and it was soooo good. :)
Bearnsy B is reading!!!!!! The sentences on the page to the left she can read so well!! She is doing great! I love teaching the kids to read. It's so fun when it comes together. To quote her, "I'm really getting the hang of this blending thing, aren't I!" Yes, Georgia, and you are so dang cute too. :)
What's new is that baby girl is able to pull chairs and climb and get into gum. Naughty. But, also so cute.
Shane can play Chutes and Ladders without having to be told where to move and so it's really fun to play now. At one point I said, "darn I got a slide!" And Shane responded, "no mom, it's a chute, not a slide." Yes, I stand corrected. He's three.
What's new is the boys' room. Reece really needed a desk, Kalen already had one, and then we saw these at Ikea. It's a loft bed, built in book shelf and desk. I don't love the medal but it's so efficient and functional. They both use it very well to do school work.
I picked Kalen's bedding for him. He wasn't there, but when I saw it I knew it had his name written all over it. His favorite color is purple and this screams 1985, which he loves....the eighties.
My Vita Mix is new!!!!!!!! For Mother's Day my husband graced me with this awesome blender! I've had it for about four days and we've probably used it about twenty times. My favorite smoothie right now is Spinach, Flax Seed, frozen Blueberries, Banana, and unsweetened Almond Milk.
Swim team has started. Right now we have evening team swim until public school is officially out. And then we move to mornings. We eat dinner at four and then we are a go, go, go. I love watching you kids swim. You were born to swim!!!! Gwyneth and Reece are the number one spots in their age groups and Kalen was bumped up to swim with the 13-15 year olds and he holds the number 2 spot for those ages.
And that is what's new!!!!!!!!!!
And that is what's new!!!!!!!!!!

WOW my friend you guys are busy bees - makes me breathless even looking at all your awesome activities:) So cool - and I'm loving the water on the trampoline ideas - just wonder if it ever gets warm enough here for that :) Amazing that Georgia can read now - well done her. And the note from your son was so amazing - you have a lovely loving family Shauna.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day now sweets, take care Love Axx
Ignore the time of this comment (I get so tired at night and sometimes fall asleep too early!), but anyway, love this post. Makes me feel like real life friends when I know what's going on in your life. :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go for your little swimmers!
I've started doing smoothies (not as green and hard core as yours), but I should start adding flaxseed. Putting it on my grocery list now...
I am also a lover of watermelon. I seriously can eat a whole watermelon by myself every week all summer. You know what else is in season? Nectarines! Maybe not at all stores, but I just got some from the Farmer's Market on Camden and Union...AMAZING. Seriously could not be better.
Yay, I love catching up withe the Klippels! Love the boys bedroom, it would be so nice to have everything so cute and charming but at the end of the day I am like you, function ALWAYS wins out.
ReplyDeleteI am going to look into getting that scripture help book. We are doing so well with our scripture reading but it would be so much better if we got more out of it you know?
Anyway, such cute pics, all of them. And I am with you on the watermelon. I buy 6 small ones at a time from Costco because we all just love them so much and they are getting SO good! Love you Shauna
I think the beds are perfect for the space you have. I am with you on the metal, but they are perfect. I had also the same experience with watermelon. I am waiting a few more weeks. Thanks for the info on the beads. I will Google them! I so wish my children were swimmers. I grew up swimming on the swim team, but I guess part of that is my fault since we never sit still or stay home during the summer. Winston leaves for Germany in a month and Harris had activities scheduled with the Scouts and the YM program. Along with a few trips thrown in here and there!
ReplyDeleteWow, that note is the sweetest! You definitely have to keep it. We haven't bought watermelon yet this year but I think I just might have to after seeing that! Yum!
ReplyDeleteI love the beds and bedspread! and that is so great your kids are doing so well with swim team. Emily is not doing it this year and I am sad. she also quit piano 2 weeks ago. she's floundering a bit right now trying to find out what she enjoys doing and what she's good at. and that study guide sounds like exactly the thing we need around here too! I'm going to look into that.
ReplyDeleteOh so much happening! I love it! I love those bunk beds. I'm with you...not loving the metal but so functional! I LOVE that picture of baby girl standing on the dryer while peeking around the cupboard door with a big sneeky grin! So cute! I think I'd love to hang with your family. All. The. Time.
ReplyDelete~Becky
I sure wish we had ikea. I am so impressed that you get so much done. And can keep track of it all!
ReplyDeleteI love your daughters homework answers. It is the sweetest. I love how happy and how much fun your kids look like they are having in every picture. They always bring a smile to my face.
ReplyDeleteI love the hose on the trampoline. My siblings and I spent hours every summer on ours. It is so much fun.
I would never get rid of that either! Your kids are so smart and obviously have the best hearts. You've done an amazing job.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love Ikea! I have a black and white striped blanket that I love. And it was $20??
Hope you had a great weekend Shauna!
you have such sweet kids!!!! love what reece wrote :) you're going a great job!!! also, cheers to your vitamix! i always hear such good things about that contraption :)
ReplyDeleteomg!!! that first image melted my heart.. aawwww... :)
ReplyDeleteClick me for my BLOG!
I would keep that list forever and ever as well, how special. SO many new things happening, you all are so busy!
ReplyDeleteWhat what an awesome room set up for your boys! I hope for my kids to sleep in the same room someday as well!! Love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling thing to say your the most beautiful thing on her list- children don't really always see beauty like grown ups do so I believe she is talking about not only her mamas looks but I'm sure her wonderful heart and personality as well!!! Shining bright you are!
Water +tramp = scary FUN!!;)
I'll have to remember that scripture study book! I've always had it in the back of my mind how I am going to make the scriptures a bit more engaging when my kids are of an age where they can understand what is going on. That looks like it might be the ticket!
ReplyDelete