Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Liebster Award and Me!!!

My friend from Kicking Kilos passed on this award to me.  Thank you!  It makes me feel special and thought of...To be creative I had my husband answer these questions first for me to see how well he knows me.  My answers are under his. 
 
Why did you start blogging? 
Kirk: To record our memories
Me: Exactly

How much time do you spend per week on your blog?
Kirk: 4 hours a week
Me: At the most.

When people ask you “What do you do?” what do you answer, (work/hobby/spiritual)? Why?
Kirk: I raise seven children...Why?   Because I love them. Hahahahaha
Me: YES!!!  Although my exact words when someone asks me what I do; "I am a stay at home mom"......Why?    Because I think it's the most important and meaningful job I can have.

What is a food you hate but secretly pretend to like to be cool?
Kirk: Soda
Me: Well, I'm not pretending.  I actually like soda and will have it once in awhile when we are out. But, never dark sodas.  I love Sprite, and "fruit sodas" like grape and orange.

What is your favourite romantic comedy?
Kirk: An Ideal Husband
Me: An Ideal Husband...But, it's not categorized as a typical romantic comedy, but so, so, so funny.

What is your favorite t.v soap?
Kirk: Downton Abbey
Me: It's a tie between Downton and The Paradise

Do you believe in God?
Kirk: YES
Me: Yes...and in his son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost.  I believe that they are separate beings but one in purpose.

Are you good in Math?
Kirk: No
Me: No.  Sadly, I am not.  I wish I were.  As homeschoolers I stop teaching math around fifth grade.  My husband takes over and is incredibly good at math and he's great at teaching it.  My kids love their math teacher.  :)

Guilty Pleasures?
Kirk: Magazines
Me: Magazines, the fact that I loved the "Twilight Series," sleeping in, going to bed too late at night,  and of course devouring chocolate or any dessert for that matter, and saying "no" to my kids.  My motto is for every "yes" there should be five "no's."  :)

Favorite place to go for vacations?
Kirk: Disneyland alone with your husband!
Me: Disneyland alone with my husband!  Yes, totally!  I have realized for myself that the ideal answer would be Hawaii or some such place but the truth is that I'm a high energy person.  When I'm on vacation I want to go and do and see and be busy.  It's when I feel I am most in my element.  Would I refuse a trip to Hawaii? No.  I just have a tad bit harder time relaxing is all... :)  And, my husband and I LOVE DISNEYLAND!

Are you practical or emotional?
Kirk: Practically Emotional....hahahahahaha!
Me: Now, now.  I am more emotional for sure.  That may be surprising to some people.  In my own home I can be very emotional.


Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:

1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in your post. (I'm choosing 6)
3. Tell them you've tagged them.
4. Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you and give 11 questions to the people you've tagged.
5. No tag backs.

Eleven Random Facts about myself:

1. I wish I had played sports in college.
2. The book I'm currently reading is called "Science Matters." It's nonfiction.
3. I've read the Book of Mormon twelve times.
4. My favorite breakfast right now is overnight oats.
5. My favorite game is Scattagories
6. If I could change my name it would be Gwyneth, Georgia or Summer.  I think Georgia.
7. I'm not shy at all.  I'm happy to be around anybody that wants a friend. :)
8. My favorite apostle in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Elder Holland.
9. I want my oldest son to teach me how to play the piano.  He's been playing for seven years and says he can teach me.
10. I love to dance.
11. The song I currently have in my head is "22" by Taylor Swift.  My oldest son loves her and plays her music all the time on Pandora and the piano.

The Five bloggers I'm choosing to award are:
Jill from Angell Family
Linds from adventures in being Barttels
Kat from Tenaciously Yours
Kelleyn from Traveling Bug
Jenna from Lovely Life
Anya from Anya Adores
Lisa from Lisa the Lazy Blogger

Here are your 11 questons:

1. Do you love where you live?  Why or why not?
2. If you could change your name what would you choose? You can't say you'd keep your existing name-c'mon!
3. Do you have a New Years Resolution that you are working on or goal you made at the beginning of 2013 and what is it?
4. Who is the funniest person you know?
5. What is your favorite restaurant?
6. If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
7. If you could change one thing about our country in an instant what would it be?
8. What is your favorite hairstyle?
9. If you could do service all day long what would you choose to do?
10.  What is your favorite store to shop at?
11. What do you love about yourself?
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Love these!
    And theq&a with your husband!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so fun to read! I learned so much about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved getting to know you a little better. I think my favorite apostle is Uchtdorf. I love all of his stories. My parents went on their honeymoon in disneyland :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that you had Kirk answer them first. Love the pictures at the top...so cute and playful!

    I love that you did not tag me...I think you might have, but you know I hate homework. ;-)

    Love you Shauna!

    Still sad I miss hangin' out with you!

    ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, absolutely the most meaningful job. So fun to get to know you more, didn't think it was possible. But now we have to take separate vacations because laying on the sand in Hawaii is my dream vacation. While I do love Disneyland, & of course the kids LOVE going, the crowds stress me out a bit, and eating food packed from home in line is not ideal.

    Anyway, you're inspiring girl, 12 times! I better get on it! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. ummmmm. I'll think about it. but I loved reading about you!! I'm going to rent the ideal husband. tried overnight oats last week, and thought it was just meh. but maybe I need a better recipe. and want to know my secret food I hate, but will eat to be cool?? quinoa!! :) miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so very much Shauna :).
    It seems hubby and you know each other well ;).
    I wish I had thought about this!
    I would too like to visit Disney with just him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I promise I will do it this time! I am busy tomorrow, but have some time on Friday. Too funny about the Disneyland. If you are like me, you go to Hawaii, but not to sit on the beach. I dragged my husband to Pearl Harbor, the Polynesian Culture Center, the temple, BYU campus, and the markets. I am not good at just sitting. My idea is I can do that at home for free and if I am going to go somewhere I better see all it has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! He did a great job! Kuddos to him :) And I don't blame you! I would probably love to go to Disneyland too just with my husband!!! Looks like you guys had fun in Utah too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANKS gorgeous Shauna for the award - it's a honor getting it from you:) Loved the facts from you and hubby, great to get to know you better:) Happy weekend lovely lady,
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved reading more about you! i'm bad at math!! i wish i only blogged 4 hours a week. disneyland is my favorite place ever. i am running around happier than a kid when i'm there. i've been to DL and WDW many times, but my fave is DL.

    ReplyDelete