Kids, it's your mom here and she's going to report on your swim team results. So, the results are ...YOU ARE ALL FISH OUT OF WATER!!!!!
Kalen, Gwyneth, Reece, and Georgia how is it that not just a one of you but all of you are fish? Oh yeah, your dad is a fish. I guess that'll do it because you kids are the BOMB swimmers!!!
Okay, on a more serious note the report is as follows...
Kalen swam for this "family" swim team, the Encore Dolphins, last year along with Gwyneth and Reece. He showed some great skills and was asked on to another year round swim team called Quicksilver. He has swam for Quicksilver all year long. Encore is not year round. That has surely paid off, to swim all year. When he started Encore a few weeks ago, he had to be bumped up to the last age group. He practices with the fifteen through eighteen year olds but competes in the twelves.
Kalen is in second place. The kid in first place is super good. He's always first. But, Kalen is so close with him. His mom actually found me last year and asked me how long Kalen had been swimming and I told her it was his first season. She said, "wow, we've got competition."
Kalen came in at 3rd place for his entire age group in the Free Style event. This is out of about forty kids that he placed third.
They all handle pressure differently. Some are proud, some are praying. Ya know... :)
They post time results every thirty minutes.
Reece is up for one of his events and his big brother is coaching him. No surprise there.
I'm learning that a race can be lost right off the blocks. So it's super important to learn how to dive off of these things efficiently. Reece took first in this event. He's ahead the whole time.
Sweet Coach Bryan is leading the "sixes" to the event tent where they wait to get on the blocks.
This was a proud moment. This girl is six. Six people! I've seen her swim at the pool, but that's just playing around and at practice I don't see her very well because she's on the far side of the pool.
Man, she dove in and those other swimmers didn't stand a chance!! I was star struck. Yes, my daughter is a star! I can't even swim like this for Pete's Sake!
You don't see the other swimmers because they are so far behind. Just clarifying is all. :)
After her big win, her big sister was there to give her a hug.
Gwyneth is goofing around under the event tent waiting to be placed.
Doesn't she look like a professional? I thought so too!
She's neck and neck with a swimmer from Santa Theresa. They are one of the best swim teams in the league. Gwyneth and another girl are the top two swimmers on their team, Encore Dolphins.
Gwyneth pulls ahead.
Also neck and neck with the same girl during the back stroke.
Luckily random girls just kept coming under our tent and holding William. I had no idea who most of them were, but it was great to have free babysitting. :)
I love watching you kids swim. Swimming is hard and you are great at it but you also love it and have fun with it. Until next swim meet...GO FISH OUT OF WATER!!!!!
This is so wonderful. Swim team is the best. I did it all through my adolescents and have such fond memories of it. Love the other mom, "wow we've got competition". Definitely made me laugh!!
ReplyDeleteLove all the babysitters you had visiting you. I guess it pays to have the cutest kids ;)
wow!!! and also, great pictures. swimming pictures are hard to get and you got a ton of great shots!!! who takes the pictures--you or Kirk?
ReplyDeleteMostly Kirk took the action shots. I took a lot of the stills and candids. But it helps that we also just upgraded again with our camera. Kirk surprised me and gave it to me for Valentines. It takes pictures so fast you don't miss anything!!!!
DeleteHey Jill, you know the other thing I do now with my pictures is cropping. Have you ever done this in your photo applications? Cropping is so amazing. There is a whole art to it and experts say that a bad picture can be turned into a prize just by the way it's cropped. Kirk is great at cropping, he's been showing me how to do it. A lot of these are cropped. That may be why the some of the actions look so good. All the diving pictures are cropped. xoxoxoxo
DeleteI am so glad I know these these kids personally. It means so much more.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad too. They still talk about your house and the "fire pit." I'm glad you know them too. Xoxo.
DeleteSeriously Shauna, your kids are crazy talented, mine can't even swim yet. Guess when living in a warmer country, you are more enticed to dive in perhaps. Here the water is usually freezing (trust me when I say freezing), so it's a quick in and out dip.
ReplyDeleteWe are however starting swimming lessons this Spring, so they can get ready for the Summer and hot countries (holidaying I mean)
Well done to all your happy little water babies, they're all FAB.
Love to you,
Axx
Wow, this is awesome! Good for all of them. :-)
ReplyDeleteWow, to do so well in big ol' San Jose says a lot, not like you guys are in some small hick town with no competition. Your kids are naturals, how did Gwyneth do? Hopefully this will help them with scholarships huh, that'd be awesome.
ReplyDeleteI predict lots of swimming the week I am visiting. How else to entertain and corral 10 lil'uns.
Way to go Klippel Kids, excellent job!!!!
What little superstars! And that picture of William is so stinkin' cute. So proud of your little swimmers. Bryan was big into swimming once upon a time and I only swim for fun and to stay afloat, so hopefully they take after their dad. :)
ReplyDeleteMakes me missmy days swimming. Can smell the chlorine from here! Swimming is such a great sport because it works all the muscles. Way to go Kippel kids!!
ReplyDeleteyeah Klippel Swimming Klan! Love the pics. Love, love, love the 1st one of Georgia. Can't wait to come up.
ReplyDeleteHahaha this is awesome!! So much splish splashing!!! Love all the smiles! Swimming just makes ppl happy I say! Fun fun post:)
ReplyDeletewow you have soem great swimmers at home Shauna.
ReplyDeleteAnd William just keeps getting cuter♡
I love how proud you are of them and can't believe the way your 6 year old dives, amazing!
ReplyDeleteThis is so fun! They are all such good swimmers, that is a definite plus! Love these photos too, they are all so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteShauna! This post brought such a smile to my face. I absolutely adore the water and in a cruel twist of fate am allergic to chlorine (it got worse as I finished high school). In my first middle school swim meet, I swam the 25 Fly. The gun went off and I took first place! Unlike your fish though, I was the only one swimming the event for that entire meet! My parents laughed so hard when they saw it all taking place. I love that you have your own beautiful little school of fish as it were and that they are able to share such a wonderful sport with one another.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Minnesota (it is so good to be home, finally!),
Kat
omgoodness, your kids are so talented!!!! i really love how you capture your family's life - so sweet, and real, and full of joy! you're an inspiration, shauna :)
ReplyDeletep.s. this makes me wish i knew how to swim
Helen, thank you for your kind words. I feel the same about you, an inpsiration for sure. Much love to you.
DeleteShauna xo
Oh, this brings back so many memories for me! I was on swim team from age 4 - high school. So fun!!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! A family full of talent!
ReplyDelete