Thursday, May 02, 2013

Utah...now!

Well, we did it.  We drove to Utah, had a blast and drove back.  This is our trip in no particular order.

The salt flats of Utah.  What a beautiful site and great place for the kids to explore and run around on.  The whole time we were in Utah I just kept thinking, "man this place is so different from California."  I think that every time I visit Utah.
 
 
 
 
The Wedding!  Kirstin and Blake Risenmay were married in the Salt Lake Temple.  It's absolutely magnificent to visit.  It's a vintage temple for sure.  I love the spirit that is felt just walking around on the temple grounds.
 
Kirstin and Blake, Kirstin's mom, dad, sisters and brother.  Her three sisters, Allison, Cassy and Katie are on the right.
 
I love this picture so much!  This is my sister in law and dear friend, Kerri with her younger brother Kraig.  This was taken just after the temple ceremony.
 
Kirstin's sisters and brother.  From the left, Allison, Curtis, Katie and Cassy.  I think my daughters look like these girls.  Lyle is the dad to these kids and I think Lyle and my husband Kirk look the most alike, as brothers.  I think Georgia is a lighter version of Allison, Summer looks like Katie and I think Gwyneth is going to look like Cassy.

 
Kirk's wonderful father, Ken Klippel.


The only brother missing was Kevin Klippel and the brother in law missing was Ken Decker.  Otherwise these are the brothers and brother in laws.
 
My sister in laws who I love so much.  From the left, Kerri, Shauna, Doreen, Susan and Carolyn, mother of the bride. My sister in law Karen Decker was not able to make it.
 
Great shot of the gentlemen.
 
I just wanted a nice reverent picture at the temple, but my husband felt like getting frisky.  :)
 
This is Kirk's parents posterity trying to fit into a picture.  It's not going to happen, especially considering a bunch of family members are missing.
 
On this trip Kirk's niece Amy was so generous to let us stay with their sweet family.  She has four kids of her own, so it was a full house.  We slept in her basement which was perfect.  They have a love bird named Peachy.  She fell in love with Kirk because he's tall.  And he fell in love with her.  Tonight after scriptures he told us he's getting a bird....hahahahaha.  I was cracking up.  But, seriously this bird is awesome.  At night when she's tired she goes up the stairs by herself and gets into her cage and puts herself to sleep.  So cute.  We love Peachy.  And we love Amy and family for having us.  You've got to be brave to house a family of nine. :)
 
The day after we got to Utah we took our four oldest children into downtown Salt Lake where Temple Square is located.   This is the Tabernacle building where conference use to be held.  It's so small compared to the new conference center below.  I can't believe they use to hold conference in the Tabernacle!
 
Here is the new conference center, which is huge and beautiful.  At this point we took Kalen to do baptisms in the Salt Lake Temple.  Kirk's dad took the younger kids on the tour of Temple Square.
 
Grandma Klippel got to play with grand kids other than mine.  This is Summer and Benjamin, Amy's son.
 
Visiting Friends!  These are my dear friends from San Jose.  When I met Kirk and his mom helped me to get a job at a law office, I met and worked with Sandy.  Julie is her daughter and we went to the singles ward together.  Julie is the same!  Yes, you are- still so funny and gracious.  She married Matt Johnson.  Julie's sister Becky was one of my bridesmaids and we missed her on this visit!

I love this family so much.  The best thing about them is the love that they have for one another and the support that they are to each other.  Sandy is one of the most genuine people I've ever met and she is an incredible mother and grandmother.  Thank you for having us over for dinner.  We love you all so much.
 
Julie's daughter Lola.  She is the cutest ever!  And her name is the cutest ever too. :)
 
Sandy's husband BBQ'd hamburgers and hot dogs.  And they made a Texis Sheet Cake and we roasted S'mores.  Yes, everyone needs a variety of desserts.  There is no other way.
 
This pictures is the cutest ever.  They have a big backyard with a fire pit right in the middle of it.  It was great for the kids.

Julie's son Sam in the black shirt, his little sister Lola next to him and my kids. 

More friends!!!  One of the last evenings we were in Utah we made a visit to Andy and Megan Strong's home.  Andy and Kirk grew up together and have stayed great friends.  They have two kids.  One of which is a boy named Finn.  He's below on the right with Will.  Thank you for loving us and havning us over for dinner!  We love you!

The Strong's and my family.  Gwyneth was missing because she got to go watch her cousin Katie do gymnastics.  

Everyday it was go, go, go in Utah.  We drove up and down Utah's one freeway the 15 so many times I lost count.  There was not one minute wasted on this trip.  I feel like we did everything!!! I'm so thankful for Kirk's family.  They are wonderful people and we all had such a great time.  

So long for now Utah!

Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

  1. What a fun trip!!!! I am SO bummed I missed out on your visit with my family! Baaah! Why do I live so far away? Oh well, I'm so glad to see the pictures! The whole trip sounds SO fun and BUSY! Great job making the best of the trip! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems you had a superb trip. Missed you out here!
    Pink really looks sexy on you!

    -->I've tagged you for the Liebster Award in my latest post. I'll be glad if you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun trip!! I love those salt flat pictures. and that's so cool you took Kalen to do baptisms in the SLC temple. Utah is always fun to visit because of all the connections. glad you got to see friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got so many great photos! Sometimes when I am busy on a trip I tend to just be in the moment and not even break out the camera, but then I always regret it. I am so glad you had such a great time, and so much family time, that's the best!

    I bet your kids enjoyed the big backyard and basement, much different than your home for sure.

    I love that pic you got of Kerrie and Craig, they both look so happy. Glad you got yourself such wonderful extended family. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I wasn't on my phone I would write a ton. How fun! So happy you were able to make it. Great photos! Bummed you were not here longer, so I could meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great trip! So much fun. Utah is where I grew up, so I'm glad you had a good time. :) p.s. I generally don't like birds, but even I can agree that Peachy sounds like a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shauna, glad you're back, you were missed :)
    LOVE the pictures of happy families, kids, and lovebird. I love how many people you know and love, such great laughs, and smily kids.
    Glad you had a lovely trip - I am in awe of the salt flats - so cool.
    Have a great day sweetest Shauna,
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've not been to SLC in years. it was the cleanest city i'd ever been to! and i've been all over the US!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - so many beautiful pics! Looks like you had an amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had so much fun!! Getting to spend time with family is the best. I LOVE the pictures of you and your husband. They are so cute. I also love the picture of your daughter at the old tabernacle. She looks adorable in it.
    PS. Can I have some s'mores? ;)
    Glad you made it home safely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cute pictures...you really are a knockout Shauna. I have no idea how you manage to look so calm and peaceful when you have so much going on? You'll have to share your secrets with me when we meet up - one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures Shauna! You have lovely friends and family. And that pink dress? You are one HOT momma!!

    Three more days left in the May giveaway; A new blog design! Our Journey

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness, how fun! That family pic of you guys is just beautiful and I love your wedding dress. Your family looks like such a joy. I am excited to move back east and be close to my extended family again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. aghhhh so many beautiful pictures of your amazing trip!!! love how there is so much LOVE in all of these photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful wedding. Loving all of your family photos. Utah is a magical place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. SHAUNA!

    I tried to post a comment from my car over the weekend and then my phone wouldn't let me and it was The Worst.

    So. I am so so so glad that you all had such a wonderful time in SLC. The photo you shared of the temple with the flowering tree was just beautiful and I'm sure it was So Special to be able to celebrate that wedding with the people you love the most.

    As I took a look at these BBQ snaps, I decided that someday when our paths cross (because they will!) we are having a BBQ exactly like that with at least that many desserts. I already know that you'll be okay with this because we are always on the same page.

    So much love from MN!

    xoxoxo
    Kat

    p.s. I have been really into eating salads with avocado/strawberry/mango/peanuts lately. For some reason this combination makes me think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how I love how you are just swarming with friends and family!! All those moments are the ones you will never forget!
    I especially love the coloring of your pictures! So vibrent and full of life!! The one of your husband and you cracks me up:) the word frisky just cracks me up I donno why!:)
    I love the little picture of Lola too- what a darling name!
    I LOVE that bird!!! Always thought it would be fun to have one but a bit worried it would chirp all night. Did it? That is too funny about putting himself to bed, what a smart bird!!
    What a wonderful trip you had!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how I love how you are just swarming with friends and family!! All those moments are the ones you will never forget!
    I especially love the coloring of your pictures! So vibrent and full of life!! The one of your husband and you cracks me up:) the word frisky just cracks me up I donno why!:)
    I love the little picture of Lola too- what a darling name!
    I LOVE that bird!!! Always thought it would be fun to have one but a bit worried it would chirp all night. Did it? That is too funny about putting himself to bed, what a smart bird!!
    What a wonderful trip you had!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a fun trip! Sorry, I'm just getting caught up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete