Saturday, November 01, 2014

What I love Most is the Sound of Music...

What I Love Most is here!!!  A blog post everyday in November, it's going to be great!  

"Doe, a deer, a female deer.  Ray, a drop of golden sun...."






"The hills are alive with the sound of music"...














The Outtakes
.... The guitar was very popular among the Von Trap children.  




Summer was in need of some affection.  

The guitar again...

And again!

Just the boys of the cast wanted to get a picture. 

And of course the girls needed their picture together as well.  


Credits: 
Shauna Klippel as Maria 
Kalen Klippel as oldest Von Trapp boy 
Gwyneth Klippel as oldest Von Trapp girl 
Reece as Von Trapp boy
Georgia as Von Trapp girl
Shane as Von Trapp boy
Summer as youngest Von Trapp girl
William as youngest Von Trapp boy

Costumes:
Lesly Klippel: as the main hand for sewing dresses.  She's amazing!!!  

Special Thanks goes to:
Lesly Klippel: for her labors of love not just in making these costumes but for being the mom that I don't have, for being patient with me and for sacrificing for me.  She also supports my wacky visions. 

Shauna Klippel: for having the vision and helping it to come to life.  
Klippel kids!!!!!!: for being great sports and great actors and actresses while filming!!!  

Kirk Klippel: for supporting my wacky visions on Halloween and helping to see them come to fruition.  

Some people have asked, "why do you go through so much trouble to do all of this?"  My answer is this...I am a stay at home mom of seven kids.  Bless them, I love them so much.  I also homeschool them.  We are together day in and day out, my choice, I love it and won't have it any other way.  On top of this, coming up with a family themed costume at Halloween gives me something to look forward to, other than the routine I have with my kids.  Doing things like this helps me to feel creative.  It also helps me to feel like I am building my talents.  I love sewing and I love creating.  I especially love creating this blog.  What I Love Most today is the Sound of Music.  


A very Happy Halloween to your family from the Von Trapp Family.  

12 comments:

  1. I hope you guys won the best costume awards. Awesome! Yes. I think the beach may be near Santa Cruz as we also went to the board walk after camping. Funny thing is I can still see it in my mind 33 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now these pictures have me thinking of were I was born Simi Valley. This landscape is so similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh I just about died when I saw this. LOVE!!! this is amazing. you are fantastic. tell Lesly the dresses were adorable. so glad I checked your blog this morning. I forgot about your November thing! so excited for more posts from you. I love you and your family so much!!! you guys are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are wonderful. Love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, I posted my comment too soon. I have more! I can't stop looking at these pictures. In 60 years when you die, that first picture is what they will blow up and use at your funeral. If I'm still alive then, I will make sure that happens! that picture labeled "the hills are alive..." your skirt is twirling and wavy just perfect! how'd you do that? secret wind machine off to the side?? just kidding. and Kalen is taller than you now? how tall is he? he is so cute. and a good sport. and the second to last pic--is Georgia wearing mascara or does she normally have thick, dark lashes?? so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shauna. This is easily one of my favorite blog posts of the year. I so love the creativity and the staging and the fact that you are able to do all of this together as a family! No reason is needed. You could assemble these scenes in April and they would still be just as much fun. What is so mind blowing about these snaps is wondering "when did these children grow up?!" I feel like everyone just looks so much older this year! It is so wonderful to be able to share this journey of life together. I am looking forward to the rest of What I Love Most November.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shauna this is fabulous - absolutely :-) I love it, and how much fun you must have had. I love the sound of music so much and you guys are fantastic as a new version. And don't even get me started on those dresses - my girls would love them :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love November because I love your blog. I don’t comment on everything but I’ve read all your posts. I love every single one and of course I love the pictures. That said, this is my favorite Post of all time. It features one of my most favorite families with one of my most favorite movies. Love it all, the costumes, the poses, the guitar and the portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable Shauna! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are my favorite family! So cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO ADORABLE! You guys look amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEST COSTUMES EVER IN THE HISTORY OF HALLOWEEN!!!! you amaze me!!! please teach me your ways!!! alex sometimes jokingly says that he wants 7 kids so that we can dress up as the von trapp family LOL! i showed him this and he LOVED it. !!!!

    ReplyDelete