Monday, November 17, 2014

What I Love Most Today is my Husband...


Happy Birthday to my sweet husband.  I met Kirk about three weeks before he turned 19 and now he's turning 37.  We've known each other for 18 years.  There is nobody I love more than him.  Kirk and I have the best time together, the best.  He cracks me up, I crack him up, we are two peas in a pod.  

I remember the first time we held hands, the first time and place where we kissed and I'll never forget the first time I saw him.  We were so young then and we're still young now.  Amazing.  

I don't want to get too intimate here, but it is my blog.  My space to share my thoughts, feeling and memories.  So, to be perfectly honest, I am blessed beyond to be married to such a man.  Kirk is not a saint and either am I.  We both have plenty of weaknesses.  But, we fit so well together.  And after all of these years, I still look forward to him so much, in every way.  I love for him to touch me.  He still looks at me the way he did when he was 19.  And he loves me beyond words.  Being married to him is the biggest blessing of my life.  I adore my husband.  

Our biggest accomplishment so far are the seven children we've had together.  And through it all, so far, we truly like to be with each other.  Actually, sometimes it's all we can do to embrace each other, in the fetal position, while seven kids are driving us nuts.  Haha!  But seriously,  at this point, I am so grateful to have his companionship because raising kids is not for the faint of heart.  We are a great team.  He is always willing to hear me, even when it's hard.  And I am always so happy to hear him because I think he has the best wisdom when it comes to our children.  So many times he has helped calm my nerves, and helped me to have a perspective that would have otherwise gone unseen.   He's helped me to be a better mother to our children but with so much love and respect behind it.  He is a phenomenal husband and father; the best really. 

Here's to Kirk on his 37th birthday.  Just remember honey, appreciate your youth now, because someday you really will be old.... ;);););). Wisdom, from me to you. xo  

What I absolutely Love Most is my Husband...now and forever. 



5 comments:

  1. These photos of you both are stunning! I am jealous! Motivation to get in shape this year, so I can do a photos with my husband. The lighting is perfect! So dreamy! Happy Birthday to Kirk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you both made a wonderful choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos of you guys! happy birthday Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post. Happy birthday to Kirk and many more happy years to you both! Kev and I have been together since I was 22 (9 years) and I feel us growing in love every day. It is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adrienne Hales8:29 AM

    This post is so sweet, Shauna. It is apparent to anyone who has been around the two of you that this is how you and Kirk feel about each other. Love it. Happy Birthday, Kirk!

    ReplyDelete