Wednesday, November 05, 2014

What I Love Most Today is the Boardwalk

We visited the Santa Cruz Boardwalk a couple of times this summer, but this time was especially fun because it was the first night of beach camping.  In the previous post we got all of our camp site set up and then got right back in the car to head over to the boardwalk. it.  The beach camping tradition is to spend the first night at the boardwalk.  Since we aren't ones to break tradition we followed right along.  :)  

All of the big kids and adults went their separate ways and I hung out with the toddler and the baby.  She wouldn't have it any other way.  


Can you see Summer and William?






This is the newest ride called Undertow.  Kirk loved it.  And of course, so did all the other kids.  







It's not a good time, or memorable without sticky hands and a sticky face from the bag of cotton candy (that was bigger than your head) that your mommy bought for you.   






I love the boardwalk.  I love summertime.  This summer was one of the best in my life.  We traveled a ton, we were gone all the time.  I can count the days on both hands, it seems, that we spent the day in our home.  And when we did it was to catch up on cleaning, summer school and the like.  Between the pool, the BBQ's, parks, camping, traveling, and beaching, we were making the most of our summer, literally.  The picture below reminds me so much of summer.  The blurred lights, the pastel sky, the beach goers.  I can't believe summer has slipped by us once again.  What I Love Most Today is Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. 



1 comment:

  1. OK! I love that turquoise wall! I think we will be having a few photos taken infront of that wall! Yes, this must be the beach because we hung out at the boardwalk too! Our site was in the woods located next to the bathrooms. So happy you took the plunge. How is public school going for your oldest? I love that you are on a blogging roll again.

    ReplyDelete