Sunday, November 23, 2014

What I Love Most Today is Reecey!!!...Happy Birthday Reece!


Happy Birthday to my Reecey boy.  Reece is 10 today.  But, I've been mistaking him for 10 years old all year long.  He keeps saying, "mooooom, I'm only 9."  It might have something to do with the fact that he is as tall as his oldest sister and wears shoe size of 7.  

Reece is a great kid.  He's doing all the right things and being a typical young boy and learning from his mistakes.  He does great in school, he is progressing at the piano nicely and he adores his oldest brother and sister.  Reece really excels at sports.  That is where the magic is, in his life.  He has to have a ball in his hands at all times.  He'd like to have a bat in his hands half the time, but I banned all bats from the inside of the house, as all mothers should.  :)





Reece has a fun back story with regard to his start in baseball.  He's been playing tennis and doing swim for most of his life.  But, I've know for a long time that he has wanted to play baseball and one day we were driving by try outs and I just let him out of the car.  He ran up and got all of the info he needed to try out and next thing we knew he was placed in Triple A's. The Padres was his team and he played with his best friend Jeff.




Reece had never before this season played organized baseball.  He ended up doing awesome!  At the end of the season he led his team in RBI's and was the pitcher for a few of the games.  I didn't watch the games where he pitched, it was too stressful for me!  He ended up going to the championships with his team and placing second.  After the ceremony, he was drafted onto a Triple A team and also placed second.  




And to top off this amazing first year of playing baseball, the Giants won the World Series!!!!  His dad told him that it doesn't get any better than this.  




Reece has also been loving Flag Football.  Every year a family from from church puts together a flag football team.  Reece has really enjoyed it.  That's him pulling the flag.  


He makes the pass.  

Some of Reeces's best friends.

 I love this this picture because it's a nice one.  On the other hand I don't like this picture because my 10 year old, Reecey, looks like he's 15.  :)  Reece is growing up for sure.  :)

Something I love and respect about Reece is the effort he makes to improve.  Every morning he walks down stairs and tells me right off that he's said his prayers and read his scriptures.  If he forgets on a particular day, he will eat breakfast and go back upstairs to read and pray.  I want him to read this when he's older, and in between, so that he can see that when personal religious beliefs are observed it will make all the difference for better in our lives.  Keep it up Reece, your effort to stay close to Heavenly Father will always bring you happiness.  


Reece, you're one of a kind.  I think I can speak for your dad when I say that you're so special. We love you with our hearts.  We both admire you and the young man you are becoming. What I Love Most Today is Reece. xoxoxoxxox




2 comments:

  1. He looks so much older than 10! Happy Birthday Reece- you sound like an amazing young man!

    ReplyDelete