My oldest daughter, Gwyneth, is going to be 12 the day before Thanksgiving. The other night we were chatting in her room and I asked her if she knew what she wanted to be when she grew up? She said she might want to be a flight attendant. This makes sense since she wants to first, go on a mission, travel the world, read every "good" book out there and then settle down to get married and have children. At least being a flight attendant would help her travel the world.
She wanted to dress up as a flight attendant and roam the city. What she really meant was her favorite city, San Francisco but I told her we couldn't. Just doing all of these photo shoots and make believe has been a stretch, but so much fun...so much fun!! I told her we'd have to settle for the "big" city of downtown San Jose. Which, I'm pleased to say is a great little city.
We are calling this the future diary (in pictures) of Gwyneth...as a flight attendant.
Turning 12 means that she will go into the Young Women's Program at church. In some ways its come fast and in other ways it has come at an even pace. Nonetheless, time is going by. I love to watch Gwyneth. She has a grace about her and she's just a lovely human being.
Gwyneth is an introvert. She gains her energy from being alone and having down time. As opposed to someone like me, who gains their energy from being around others. In many ways she and I are really different. I was just telling my husband that sometimes I can't believe she's my daughter.
Gwyneth is highly intelligent. She's the most well read person I know. Her favorite subject to read about is historical fiction. Currently, she loves science.
Gwyneth still enjoys tennis and swim. She is taking a small break from year round swim and will be returning in January 2015. She has lots of friends and cannot wait to go into Young Woman's.
I wish I were more like Gwyneth when I was younger. She has a great confidence about her. She's very much herself and it's a breathe of fresh air. She's also very small. It's fun to see her in these pictures because she looks a little bigger and so sophisticated! But, that's the thing about Gwyneth, she is very sophisticated, naturally.
I'm so grateful to be Gwyneth's mother. She has a beautiful testimony and she shares it often.
Gwyneth, I love you. It was so much fun to take your pictures today. Whether or not you actually become a flight attendant, is not important. What's important is that you're going places. We all think you're extra special...Happy early birthday.














Oh how fun! Even though I sort of hate flying on airplanes (truly), I have always thought that being a flight attendant would be such an interesting job because just like Gwyneth observed, you get to see so many things. Life only gets busier as you get older and it sounds like she has a lot to look forward in the coming year with her group at church, swimming and more!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun idea! She is absolutely stunning.
ReplyDeleteI forget that she isn't even 12, yet. At time, it seem like she is about to graduate from YW not about to got in to YW. I love Gwyneth, too.
ReplyDeletethese are so cute! Happy birthday Gwyneth.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE these photo shoots you do! She is one beautiful young lady!
ReplyDeleteADORABLE! AH so cute!
ReplyDeleteThis photo shoot is amazing!! And so is Gwyneth. She's only babysat for us once and Blake is already hooked. :)
ReplyDelete