Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Birthday is the Valentine....

This is Georgia.  She is our second daughter but fourth baby.  Her birthday is on Valentines Day!  I cannot think of a better birthday to have.  Here is her start and our start with her.  What stands out most about Georgia is the happiness that exudes from her person.  She cannot help but be happy.

Our family then.  We've almost doubled the children we have, since she was born.  Who are these people?  Especially me...that after labor look for sure.  I love it.


There's the happy one.  We call her "Bearny B."  Don't ask me why, it just comes to me, these things.  :)
She was playing with my shoe, this says a lot about her.  You can see what I mean here.

Sisters.  Is there anything more precious?  My oldest daughter Gwyneth is holding her sister, Georgia.


Precious and long ago, so it seems.

This is one of our favorites ever, for sure.  We sent this out as a our Christmas card.  Georgia is the wicked witch.  My mother in law whipped up that dress I'm wearing in about an hour, along with Georgia's hat and cape.  It just cracks me up, looking at that fat baby as the wicket witch.  My son Kalen and my husband were good sports about this, as they both hated their costumes.  Hahhahahaha.  So sorry, men.

The "B Bop" (I also call her this), with maybe the closest to looking sad face she's ever made.  She can't even really do a sad face, she's trying but not really making the cut.

Here she is today, well the back of her.  I did her hair like this for church on Sunday.  She has to be all about love, and hearts and red and pink since her birthday is the official love day.  She has to represent, is what I'm saying.


Our home school group had a Valentine exchange at the park.  We kicked it off with heart bark by Val at ValSoCal.  So easy and so darn cute.

Sugar cookies, lots of sugar cookies.


Wherever there are mass amounts of sugar if I have anything to do with the moment there will be something with whole wheat.  I made these to counter balance the "other" treats.  These are the kids favorite.  Whole wheat banana and blueberry muffins.  I eliminated all the of the sugar since it has both bananas and blueberries in it.


These are two of Georgia's favorite friends.  Check out their names....from the left it's Isabelle, Georgia, and Hazel.  Precious.

Here is the actual love day and birthday.  They woke up to the mirror of love.

This was Georgia's present from us.  These are the most fantastic artsy, jewelry beads ever!!!  My kids can sit and play with these for hours and they did.  I had to pry them away to start their studies.  Yes, even my eleven and half year old son.

She got this cute watch from her older brother Reece and older sister Gwyneth.  I have to mention this because they saved their good behavior tickets they get at the end of their Taekwondo lessons.  It took them about a month.  They had this planned way ahead of time.

My heart rejoices when my children think of each other and serve each other.  Because goodness knows they don't always, that's just harder to document or I would, trust me.

Here are some of her jewelry creations.  I can see these selling at Nordstroms...better yet all over Beverly Hills in general.   :)

Shane chose to wear the faux turquoise necklace one of the girls made.  Very chic and modern, I must say.

These are cupcake toppers left over from last year.  I'm so glad we had more of them because if you ask me, they're the cutest little women ever.

So much love.  Oh Georgia, Georgia.  Do you know that about four in ten people, when they hear her name, and I'm talking total strangers here, just break out singing the Ray Charles song "Georgia?"  She's really use to it, but it was confusing for her at first.


Georgia is a girl's girl for sure.  She loves dress up, jewelry, my high heels, clothing, nail polish, need I say more?  But, she's so sweet and cheerful it just melts my heart.  She's also very willing to speak her mind.  Of course I admire this about her.

Funny and unique things about Georgia....

We recently discovered she's not ticklish.  No I mean, really.  You can lift her arm and count her ribs and nothing.  Not normal at all, a rare talent for sure... :)

She dreams almost every night.  She is one of the first to wake and she tells me the most elaborate tales that she's had in her sleep.  So she's a dreamer, not a big surprise.  We love her so much.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY "BEARNY B!"

Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

  1. Precious post! Love Georgia is such a cute girl. I love her name and Isabelle AND Hazel are on our list for girl #2...I thought that was funny!

    (working on the tag, I'm so bad at tags, but it's coming)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky-so good to hear from you. I know, the tag is a bit tedious, I found that myself, but fun. There's no rush for sure. Love,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!! Sugar rush for sure, you and me would be the outcasts with all our healthy whole wheat paraphernalia. Just curious if the other kids liked them as much as yours. If kids aren't used to only fruit sweetening something it may be a little bit of a shock. If I was there I would have happily gobbled them up.

    Love the precious lovey heart hair do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday sweet Georgia. She is so dang cute. Heart bark, love it! really cute idea. but whole wheat banana muffins on V-day??? some day your kids are going to get an annonymous package from Seattle full of ding dongs and ho-ho's. :)

    and I've never seen that wizard of oz picture before! really, really cute. I loved it. did I not make the Christmas card cut that year? :) and I love you to pieces, but I don't do tags. I'm just not that interesting! glad you had a wonderful valentine's day!

    love, me

    ReplyDelete
  5. What!!!!!!!!!!!! Jill, you aren't that interesting, for Pete's Sake you just lived in Japan for five years!!!! Um, I'm not buying that but, I understand.

    It's not that you didn't make the cut, I know we sent you one, but that was when we could only address the envelope to Ryan Angell and I think something went amiss. I'm sorry, I still have some.

    Those muffins are so good, I know you and your kids would love them but nonetheless I was laughing out loud with the comment about ding dongs and ho hos they would go ballistic-I'm sure they would devour that stuff. And c'mon they did get heart bark and sugar cookies, which are all pure sugar.

    Okay, love you so much and the tag was really to let you know that I love you and your family and your blog so I can see you and feel like you are a bit closer than we really are. Love,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:13 AM

    LOVE LOVE LOVE GEORGIA!!! Kait (she is going by that now cause her teacher likes it. I know where I stand. I've been trying for how long :) She keeps asking when Georgia can come back & visit. I'm glad you found the beads. That was such a big hit at Christmas.
    Love
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that how your spelling Kait? Really cute. They love the beads. Everyday they play with them for hours, seriously.

      Shauna

      Delete
  7. That's the best day to be born on! Love everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:53 PM

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGIA !!!!!! Love you so much!!!

    "Georgia, Georgia", and then there is the song Grandma Judy always sings, "Hey there, Georgie Girl. Swinging down the street so fancy free!" How bout that, Georgie Girl is fancy free and oh so loveable. Not ticklish? That really is quite a rare thing. Especially since her mom is oh so ticklish. How many ribs can we count on Shauna before she buckles? Is it one or two?

    Georgia for me was a little gift from God when I was at such a low place in my life. She was born just in time to be my Valentine gift when my sweet husband was not here any longer to be my Valentine. How wonderful is that?

    Those beads she designed, don't laugh. She just might be the next big jewelry designer to sweep the shops on Rodeo Drive. Oh so chic Georgia!

    HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGIE GIRL!!!

    Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to her! You have such a lovely family - the sweetest bunch of kids! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's kind of you to say.

      Shaunaa

      Delete
  10. So beautiful! Every single picture - she's just gorgeous. As is your whole family. You have that all American look that I always tell Marie she has. You could easily be a family of Ralph Lauren models!

    Happy (belated) Birthday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ameena, she's a fun one.

      Shauna

      Delete
  11. You have the most beautiful family!!!!!!!!!! Happy birthday to your daughter- HURRAY for February birthdays!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You do as well! It's fun to find more and more homeschoolers out there. I really enjoy the pictures on your blog. Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday beautiful Georgia!! What a wonderful day to celebrate! I love that she wore hearts in her hair...and I love that she loves all things girly! And the fact that she is a dreamer....that is my favorite thing of all! I have vivid dreams every night, as well...dreamers (and girly-girls) unite! ;)

    Shauna, you are blessed with the most beautiful family...and words show just how much you LOVE them all.

    So happy you all had a happy Valentine's Day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, you're so sweet. Thank you for your kind words. It makes me happy to have you following. I really enjoy your blog as well. Take care

      Shauna

      Delete
  13. Wow, what a precious post. I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you! And I'm thinking about those sweet potato fries!!!!!! Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  14. She is super cute! I would have loved to name our daughter Georgia, but since we live in the state of Georgia I thought she might get teased. I wanted our third child to be born on Valentines Day, but the hospital was full and so he was born on the 16th. I love your valentines bark. I am going to borrow that for next year. Happy belated Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday little Georgia. What a cutie! Love the heart braids!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such gorgeous photographs of such gorgeous children - happy birthday Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darling post on Georgia and Valentines! How fun to have a birthday on Valentines! Happy Birthday to your little misss!! The decorations and treats look so cute/yummy and I'm loving the heart braids. I love all your family pictures- you guys are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh happy belated birthday Georgia

    ReplyDelete