Friday, February 10, 2012

She Tagged Me!!!!!!


She isn't just anyone though; she's my best friend in the whole wide world-as a fourth grader would put it.  :)  This is Marie from feedingfive, and she has tagged my blog.  Her blog is great.  She's catchy with her words, honest in her heart, a great cook and fantastic baker.  And to top it off she has three wonderful children that fill her blog with wit, fun, and happy times.  Did I mention she also has a pretty great husband.

We've been friends since our first babies were about five months old.  That's going on twelve years.  Has it been that long...yes it has, amazing.  I can't say enough wonderful things about her.  She means so much to me.   We have a connection that is unique to us and we will always be close no matter where we are. I love you Marie-and happy blogging.






1.  My full name (including maiden) is Shauna Maureen O'Rourke-Klippel.

2.  I've only ever been to one concert in my whole life and it was recently.  My sister and brother in law took my husband and I to see Elton John and Billy Joel at the HP Pavilion in San Jose.  It was so fun!!!!!

3.  My dad would show me how to pick up rattle snakes when camping, hiking, etc., so don't worry if we ever come across any I'll know how to handle it...literally.  :)

4.  My mom would read Harold and the Purple Crayon to me often, when I was little.  I love those books for our children now.

5.  I prefer to wear skirts or dresses to anything else, for sure.

6.  I don't care for fiction novels.  Currently I'm trying to find a good book on Margaret Thatcher, she fascinates me.

7.  I am happy to say I have a degree in Political Science from Santa Clara University.

8.  I wanted to go to Cal (Berkeley) but I didn't get accepted.

9.  I home school my children and I love it, truly.

10.  I'm a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

11. If I were facing my last meal on this earth, it would be Thai food.

Marie's Questions to me:



1.  Has your blog changed since you first started blogging? 

Yes.  My husband started our blog in the first place.  His intention was to have me take over, it took awhile but I'm doing well.  It really is a great place to document heart felt moments that family and friends can tune into and that will last a life time.

2.  Tell me about the most expensive shoes in your closet. 

Alright- this a two fold answer because my dad purchased me a pair of Franco Sarto boots that were $100.00 about ten years ago.  I love them and still wear them even if they may be a little outdated.  But, with my own money I purchased a pair of Steve Madden boots that were $59.99 at an after Christmas sale a few years back.  I still love those too.

3.  What did you have for breakfast this morning?

The usual...in a bowl I put a half cup granola, a tad of almond milk, next is a dollop of Greek yogurt, followed by a drizzle of honey.  On top of all this is apple, grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries or whatever fruit I have on hand followed by pecans and peanuts.  It's so good.

4.  Ever chopped your hair super short?  Pictures?


Yes, I have had it short once in my life and I was pregnant with my third baby, Reece.  See pictures below....It was cute, and my hair has a lot of natural wave so that helped.  But, to be honest all I could think about was having long hair again....so it hasn't been this short since. 






5.  How often do you fly?


Not very often, but when I was in seventh grade my dad moved up here to Northern California.  He would fly me up every other weekend from Southern California where I lived back then.  


6.  Favorite TV shows?


We don't have television in our home but we do down load some shows.  My all time favorite show has been Downton Abbey.  And I'm proud to say I think my husband and I were among the first Americans to watch because he found this show right when it came out in Europe.  Don't ask me how he got the episodes...:)  I also loved Lark Rise to Candleford and the Foresight Saga.  I don't watch any American shows.  But, I could give you a list a mile long of British Television-I love it!


7.  Speak another language?


I don't, which is a shame because I've taken the equivalent of five years of French. 


8.  Musical artist you can listen to over & over.


Bebel Gilberto.  She sings this Brazilian music that is so refreshing and beautiful.  Think of your windows open, curtains flowing in the beautiful breezy sunshine, with her music in the background.  If you haven't heard her, name her on Pandora and you'll love her!  


9.  What brings you inner peace?


Serving other people, whoever it might be.  When helping others we usually put our concerns and stresses aside-it's then that we can have inner peace during those times of service to others.  


10. Tell me something you're good at.  C'mon, brag!


Alright, if you're making me.  I am really good at public speaking.  I don't know why, I've never had any training or what have you, but I just am and I quite enjoy it too.  I'm more and more thankful for this talent because it's one of those things that can scare people to death, if they have to do it  (speak in public).  


11. The love of your life/ideal man in 5 words.


My husband is...Loyal, Forgiving, Spontaneous, Handsome and Intelligent.  Oh how I love this ideal man of mine...


My Questions to you: 
1.  What is your favorite meal to cook?
2. What world leader inspires you (dead or alive)?
3. If your could have lived in any other era which would it have been?  
4. How would you describe yourself in four words?
5. Do you wear makeup every day?
6. What are you passionate about?
7. What is your middle name?
8. What do you love about being a woman?
9. Fiction or Non Fiction?
10. What is your favorite game to play? (board game, cards, etc.)
11. Who have you been told you look like? 


These are the people I tag:


Amy- The House of Nash: She's a great writer, takes great pictures and I go to church with her.
Ameena- Fancy This Fancy That: This is a great blog.  Her blog is real, funny and did I mention funny?
Becky-Farmer Freitas' Wife: Becky's blog is about her life with her family.  She has a great way of relating her day to day life and her daughter is something else. 
Jill-Angell Family: Jill is one of my dear friends and this is her family blog.  She's great with her kids. 
Ashley-Hudson's Happenings: This girl is inspiring with her photography and her sweet words.  Her family is so cute.
Val-Val So Cal: Oh I love this blog.  She posts yummy food and great pictures.  
Karly- Buns in my Oven: If you haven't seen this blog, oh boy.  She bakes like nobody's business and it's amazing.  
Kelleyn-Traveling Bug: This is her family blog.  Sweet words, inspiring posts and heart felt.  
Tinajo-Tinajo @ Home: I like her blog because it's simple and sweet.  She posts great pictures and she's in Sweden!  


Rules For Bloggers: (you must repost these) Obviously rules can be broken.  I only listed nine blogs.  I love reading your blogs and I think you are all great!  Take care and I hope you participate!!!


1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people.

20 comments:

  1. So Shauna, every single word. This is why I love writing, journal keeping, blogging. If the author is being honest their real voice, light and spirit just shine through.

    Even though I know you I love to read all of your answers because I learned a few things. I have heard of the show Downtown Abbey but I am certain I couldn't stand the accents for more than a few minutes. I think they are charming, I really do, but my mind isn't equipped to hear it for too long. I've heard it's really good though so maybe I should check it out.

    Giving service to others? Not a surprise at all. That's your life, to serve and teach and bring joy to others. You certainly have to my life. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Marie, thank you for loving me and for your kind words. I love you too. s

    As for the accents if you can only take so much, then you probably wouldn't like it. But, I will say their accents are among the easiest to understand out of some of these shows we've watched. Some of the accents are so thick we miss forty percent of the show it seems. This show is so great though, I love the story line, the era, the clothing, the everything. Have a great Sabbath Day....and much love,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to read this and so sweet of you to think of me! :-) I´ll definately try to do this, it may take a couple of days though since that singing experience made me fall behind on stuff and also my youngest rascal is sick. But as soon as I´m back on track..! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, it's so neat that you are getting this singing experience. I'm glad you will try to do the "tag." But no rush because it does take a bit of time. In the mean time I will look forward to seeing your answers! Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Downton Abbey. Can't wait to watch Season 2 (Trying to finish Season 1 of Boardwalk Empire first.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boardwalk Empire? What is that? Is it a British show? I sometimes don't know modern shows in America because we don't have television, so it could very well be an American show.

      Aaahhh-Downton, may that show never end. I swear that show is so grand and don't you love the prelude music as it's starting? I hear it and get so excited. I told my husband I want him to burn it onto a CD so I can just listen to it in the car...hahahahahaha. Not really, that would border on weird- :) Take care,

      Shauna

      Delete
  5. I'm going to answer #3, which is to say that at first I thought I would have been awesome at housewifery in the '50s. And then I thought maybe being a flapper would be more fascinating. Or working as a riveter during WWII. And then there's the whole curiosity of what it was like to live in Europe during the Dark Ages, or even during ancient times (7000 - 3000 BCE). Summary: I couldn't even choose if I tried. But I loved trying to think through this question!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're brave to even venture a curious stroll through the dark ages as a woman!!! That's one era I would never want to have lived in as a woman, now as a man-different story. Take care, and thanks for visiting.

      Shauna

      Delete
  6. Shauna! Hi! Thanks for listing me! I have a couple of busy days this week, but I promise to get to the tagg though I usually don't do them. Promise! I am having a big Valentines party tomorrow and on Saturday a birthday party for my son who is turning 5. Hope you have a great week and thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I'm finding out quickly that this tag thing isn't necessarily so popular-while I would love it if you did it, I understand your busy schedule for sure. Mainly I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your posts and I admire what you stand for and the cause that you are trying to promote. Have a great day.

      Shauna

      Delete
  7. I wanted to go Berkeley too...but I didn't get accepted either. Looking back I realize that USC was a much better fit for me but at that time I felt like a total failure!

    I love that you and Marie have been friends for so long. I can see how similar you are! It must be nice to have such a wonderful person in your life.

    Thank you for the tag! This is such a great way to get to know each other. :)

    PS: I feel a bit better about my lack of concert-going. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ameena-I wanted to go to Cal so badly too!! And I feel the same way, in the end Santa Clara was smaller and the student/teacher ratio was 22-1, so a much better fit for me. Turned out to be a great blessing. I got to know my professors very well and I was able to accomplish more because of this.

      USC huh? That's a great school. That's my neighborhood down there. Well, close enough-I was born and raised in Los Angeles, specifically Van Nuys-the ghetto. :) Good to hear from you, have a great Monday,

      Shauna

      Delete
    2. Ameena, one more thing-I'm so glad you're happy about the tag! I know it's just one more thing to do, but it's not like were getting tagged all the time right? Well, Marie is, but were not counting her!!! LOL. I can't wait to see your answers! No pressure though..... :)

      Marie is wonderful, I'm glad all of you great gals are getting to know and become great friends with her too. She's a special one for sure.

      Sometimes people gasp when I tell them I've only ever been to one concert in my life, you can imagine their reaction when I hadn't gone to any yet...Hahahahaha. I'm so glad to have connected with you-

      Shauna

      Delete
  8. Dang, I am not a blogger. I love Downton Abby too. I was watching it before the big broohaa too, and Larkrise..., and Doc Martin; and all Masterpiece classics and mysteries. MI5. I love Dickens. Remember when I was reading Bleak HOuse at Skornia Law? Love ya. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do remember!! Oh, the memories....it's good to hear from you! Love ya too,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just popping in to wish you a great Valentine´s! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! It's fun to learn more about you, you are too cute and I love the prego pics- you look darling! That's awesome your hub started the blog for you to keep track of what's going on with your family, very sneaky of him. :) Happy Valentine's Day! Your breakfast with the waffles and cinnamon sugar crunch this morning sounded delish- and your usual of granola/yogurt/fruit/nuts- yum!! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:33 PM

    You 2 need to get a room!!! hahah

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so sweet to tag me, friend! I will definitely get around to doing this...these kinds of things are SO fun! Loved learning more about you...and can I just say: I LOVE Bebel Gilberto! You're the one of the first people that I know that has even heard of her. My favorite is August Day Song...do you know that one? I listen to it over and over and over....it reminds me of my sweet Hudson because he was born in August. ;)

    and You look AMAZING with that short hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Ashley-you're too sweet! Take care,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete