Friday, November 07, 2014

What I Love Most Today is Halloween!!

Ever since the Von Trapp craze hit the social media, people left and right have been asking how I got my kids to dress up like that.  I must clarify that I come up with our family theme costumes, but we dress up in the costumes and do a photo shoot that we can look back on.  So, I don't make the kids wear those costumes for Halloween night, or for our church "Trunk or Treat."  

They are free to choose what they would like to be and I will say there were many faces this Halloween.  For the Trunk or Treat, Shane was a pirate.  For Halloween night he was Boba Fett from Star Wars.  Sweet Summer was Snow White for the Trunk or Treat but by Halloween she was a night stalking Ninja.  Go figure.  



Why, here is the night stalking Ninja as we speak.  :)



Gwyneth was a "50's" girl, Georgia was a gymnast, Reece was a Giants player, Shane was Boba Fett, Summer was a Ninja and Will was a clown.  The clown costume was my brothers and most of my kids wore it at the age of 2.  I'm never getting rid of it.  I just can't, too many memories wrapped up in it!!!






Do you see the changes?  Like I said, many faces this Halloween.  My kids begged me to be "eight" months pregnant.  Why eight and not nine months pregnant, I will never know.  That's kids for ya.  :)  I told them I'd been pregnant so many times I'm sure I could slip right into "prego" status for the night.  Ha!  

When we got home from the Trunk or Treat, Summer tore off this Snow White costume and said, "Mommy, I hate Snow White, she's so itchy."  I about died.  Obviously she found the costume too itchy.  This is when she said, "I'm going to be a Ninja.  It's so much more cozy on my body."  I kid you not these are the words coming out of her mouth.  She totally kills me.  

When her sister Georgia found out she was going to be a Ninja for the real Halloween night, Georgia begged her not to be.  Georgia kept going on about how it's a boys costume, and it's not for girls.  And Summer just kept saying/yelling, "but it's COZY!!!!"  I finally looked at Georgia and said, "who can blame her, Snow White is itchy and she's really more like a Ninja anyway."  Aren't Ninjas stealthy, sneaky, persistent, stubborn, and aggressive?  See what I mean?  Summer is totally a Ninja.  :)  

My friend Lynette cracks me up.  If you can't see her apron, she's a progressive agent and her name tag says "Flo."  She's awesome.  

That's right, the most important Giants players were in the house.  Hunter Pence (orange socks to the knees),  Andrew Susac (catcher) and Buster Posey.  Way to go Giants!!!

Best friends and brothers, Kalen, Joe, Jeff and Reece.

Best friends, Isabel the pirate and Georgia the gymnast. 

 Another lot of best friends.  Lily and Gwyneth representing the 50s, and Lauren as the ever popular Elsa.

And one of my very best friends, Wendy and I.  She's representing the 80's and I"m past due.  ::):)

I love, love, love Halloween.  It might be my favorite.  We have a lot of fun together as a family, dressing up all around in our theme costumes and in our "non-family theme" costumes.  We go to a certain place to trick or treat and it's so great.  Little kids dressed up as clowns and princesses, it's beyond precious.  It's like eye candy everywhere, all these precious little people dressed up and looking adorable.  

This year was the first year our oldest son, Kalen did not join us for Halloween night.  He is officially a teenager and went off to a party with friends.  Luckily he has great friends and we were happy for him to do this.  Here's to the clowns, pirates, princesses, haunted houses, pumpkins and free candy!!!  What I Love Most Today is Halloween!!

3 comments:

  1. Your costume was the scariest of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marie wallwork12:38 PM

    Wait, wait, wait, you didn't wear those fabulous costumes for any parties? Shauna, they were so great, they deserve to be worn out, to everything! I understand the boys not wanting to wear them, but dang, so they were just for pics?
    Well maybe next year Kalen and Reece can choose something that you can wear to everything!!
    Maybe the girls could wear their dresses to church :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 100% with Miss Summer. Ever since I was a pup, I have been super sensitive to what I have touching my skin because there are just so many itchy things. I love that the kids wear many costumes because I think that's sort of the point of Halloween - have fun, be different things, change your mind, do it all again. So fun!

    ReplyDelete