Thursday, November 01, 2012

What I love most today is Pot Roast!!!!!!


I've been making Pot Roast for years now.  And it's always good.  Typically I have always cooked the roast in a slow cooker.  But a few days ago I wanted to try a different recipe.  When I did a search the Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast was number three; I decided to give it a try.  It's the best Pot Roast we've ever had, my whole family agreed and they ate it all up.  We had left overs the next day for lunch.

Upon looking, her recipe doesn't seem so special compared with others.  I think the difference here is that I used a dutch oven to cook the roast in, instead of a slow cooker.  Meaning, I stuck it in the oven and let it cook on low.  The meat was not dry, it pulled apart nicely.  The vegetables were not hard or too soft.  It was delicious.  You must try this recipe, especially as the weather is cooling down.
 
So, what I love most today is the Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast!!!!  Enjoy.... :)
 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Sadly, my husband doesn't like pot roast . He doesn't mind the meat, but does not like the cooked veggies that go with it. So weird don't you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm....that looks and sounds delicious! I think I might try this. I always by fresh chicken breasts and the leanest ground beef I can find but any other meat, I am clueless as to how to purchase. What's a good price? And is a pot roast labeled "pot roast" at the store? What do I buy? I guess I should just look around the meat department and try to get educated.

    We are totally going to try to make a prime rib for Thanksgiving this year. Prime rib is our little family's Thanksgiving tradition, since I don't care for turkey and we were on our honeymoon for our first thanksgiving and had prime rib. SO GOOD! Anyway, a lady here told me all I need to know about that. #1 buy it at a butcher shop. Hmmm....never would have thought. I hope it's not a fiasco. I'm sure you'll be reading about it later in the month. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if my comment was very clear but, this will be the first year we are actually making the prime rib and not going out to a restaurant. Which we've actually only done twice in our marriage. Other years we've been with extended family and had traditional thanksgiving dinner. Fun to make our own personal family traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love pot roast......something so warm and comforting about it. I hope you have an amazing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't have to tell me twice, making it. This weather is perfect for this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are such fans of the Pioneer Woman and I still haven't found a roast that I love, so I will be sure to put this on my To Make-list! I am absolutely into slow cooking and braising so, this would be a great meal for a cold afternoon. Marcus thanks you in advance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really good. Going to try it.

    ReplyDelete