Saturday, November 17, 2012

What I love most today are Road Trips!!!!!

Over the hills and through the woods to Grandmother's house we goooo.......Today we woke up early and went on a road trip to my Grandma and Grandpa's house in Santa Rosa.  Instead of going through the woods though, we go through San Francisco.

Here is our road trip, through the window of our mini van, courtesy of my oldest son Kalen.
 
I love driving through the city!!!  To get to Santa Rosa it's a straight shot by taking 19th Avenue all the way through until you hit the Golden Gate Bridge.
  
There it is the "Golden Great Bridge," as my kids call it..... :)
   
Passing by the beautiful Golden Gate Park.....
 
And we've arrived.  My Grandparents always bring out the toys for the children to play with.  Which is so sweet because their house really is clean and tidy until we show up.....
 
These were my wooden blocks from when I was little (below).  See all of the coloring on those blocks?....It was me, I remember coloring on them too.  I lived with my Grandparents on and off when I was little and I use to build up the blocks so they would hold my bowl of ice cream.  And then I would mix my ice cream into soup.  Vivid memories for sure.
 
She's getting started with the heavy stuff, Phantom of the Opera.  She's very smart....
 
I think this is the cutest ever.  My Grandma almost always has gifts for the children because she inevitably misses a birthday or some occasion.  So when my children get to her house they casually walk around looking for gifts.  This time she had them displayed on the fire mantle.
   
Summer was stuck to my dad like glue, which is not surprising since animals and kids love my dad.  I'm just glad because she is my busiest and most demanding child.  But, with my dad around she is really content to just sit with him.  So she did just that.  She learned all about discoveries in the last 100 years, courtesty of Time Magazine.
 
I was my Grandparents first Grandchild and Kalen is their first Great Grandchild.  This is my Grandma Pat and Kalen.
 
This is my Great Grandmother Flora (Grandpa Donald's mother).  She was a silent film actress in the early 1900's.  You can google her and read about her!
  
The same table I ate from growing up.  We had Thanksgiving at this table, played games at this table and my mom use to give me baths on this table when I was a baby.
 
I love my Grandparents so much.  There are no words to adequately express the love I have for them.  They took part in raising me, loving me and helping me to become part of who I am today.  And I love that my children are making memories with them too.
 
One big happy family...What I love most today are Road Trips!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. How fantastic is that! I love that she has toys for the children. Most grandparents don't ! Have a happy thanksgiving !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the resemblance between your Grandmother and your dad and her and you as well. How sweet all your photos and memories are. I on the other hand loathe driving through any busy city. That's why I can count on one hand the times I've been to L.A. since we've lived here.

    Your Grandma hit the jackpot with great-grandkids with you for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love roadtrips too! So fun!

    I love that your grandparents still live in the same house and that you have such great memories of it. SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful that your children will get to have some memories as well...may they be just as vivid and pleasant to reflect back upon :)

    ReplyDelete