Today we went and met our photographer, Amy Nash at Villa Montavo to have our annual Christmas picture taken. But before we see a sneak peak I thought I would take us down memory lane. This post is especially for Amy Nash our photographer who so graciously shot us today. It was no piece of cake that's for sure.
I remember taking this picture like it was yesterday. I remember thinking that we needed to get a shot of our little family at Christmas to send to friends and family. Looking back is so funny. Why did we choose our background as the VHS tapes, I have no idea.
I remember taking this picture like it was yesterday. I remember thinking that we needed to get a shot of our little family at Christmas to send to friends and family. Looking back is so funny. Why did we choose our background as the VHS tapes, I have no idea.
I also remember feeling so stressed just getting this one picture of three people!!!! Did I ever imagine that one day there would be nine of us? No. No I did not... :)
We literally took about 100 shots in front of this tree for this and my husband was talking to me through his teeth saying, "I can't take it anymore.....because kids are always doing things like....
I love this!!!! I had always wanted to do a family themed Halloween and then send it out as our Christmas picture! So we did it. My favorite part is that Georgia is the bad witch!!! So funny and cute. My mother in law made most of these costumes, except for Dorothy and Lion.
The above picture was the last time we took "our own" Christmas picture. Our good friend Ken Ille has done our pictures for about the last four years, but we couldn't get him this year. So we were so happy to get Amy Nash.
This was our picture for last year. I love it so much. I had a hard time choosing between this and the one below it.
Today!!!!! Kirk took her shooting our children's individual pictures. Our theme this year was "fancy." A couple of months ago it dawned on me that we have never done our Christmas pictures with a formal theme. The girls were in their "fairy" dresses, the boys in their suits, Summer in the most enchanting dress and I wore sequins and a fur jacket! I loved the way everyone looked today!!
Kirk took this of Shane. Kirk hates our camera now. It was so nice when we first got it years ago, but times and technology have moved on and he wants a new one. Compared to the quality of her pictures our shots look pretty bad.
I love the girls' dresses this year. They looked like fairies, so magical and pretty in their flowy dresses. And even better I got the dresses at Costco! I love it when things work out so efficiently.

Thank you Amy for enduring to the end on this photo shoot for sure. I'm sure you were thinking my kids were rambunctious, crazy and loud. And I'm sorry because I can't deny any of those things. Especially Summer. Oh man, I warned Amy that she would be hard and she did okay in the beginning but it was down hill from there, Summer that is.
However, I saw some of the pictures and I was so pleased. I can't wait to see how she processes them. Thank you Amy! And let the Christmas traditions begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I love most today are Christmas pictures!!!!!

Thank you Amy for enduring to the end on this photo shoot for sure. I'm sure you were thinking my kids were rambunctious, crazy and loud. And I'm sorry because I can't deny any of those things. Especially Summer. Oh man, I warned Amy that she would be hard and she did okay in the beginning but it was down hill from there, Summer that is.
However, I saw some of the pictures and I was so pleased. I can't wait to see how she processes them. Thank you Amy! And let the Christmas traditions begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I love most today are Christmas pictures!!!!!




Love the trip down memory lane! I am still debating on whether or not to do photos this year. Some reason I just can't do it mentally. Maybe because I know I am missing one. Not sure. Maybe at the last minute I will pull something together. Love the location for this years photo! Can't wait to see the final picture.
ReplyDeleteI love it! I don't think we have a family picture for each year...I'm gonna have to look and see. What fun! ~Becky
ReplyDeleteAwww, a post for me! I loved this post with the year-by-year comparisons and I ESPECIALLY love seeing the Wizard of Oz photo!! So fun! And I can't believe Kirk got pics of me without me knowing it! I had no idea he was taking those! haha. I can't wait to start editing!
ReplyDeleteVHS tapes?????? Ha ha ha ha ha, I love it, young & dumb, join the club. Your pics are all so cute, I have to admit I LOVE the Halloween one the most, and I really can't believe how cute everyone looks, I mean Gwyneth with her hands, it's so adorable! And the look on wicked Georgia's round little face, priceless. Aren't you missing a few pics though?
ReplyDeleteOkay I have to say the fact that you put such fancy outfits together for 9 people, got everyone ready & carved out time to take the pics is making my head spin, I am still not sure if I am doing cards this year, what is wrong with me??? You are truly Wonderwoman Shauna, how do you do it all? And blogging daily? Okay, fine, you win. You are the greatest woman ever.
Seriously though I hope you keep up a regular blogging routine because I love reading your posts. I love you and your words and all your crazy kids.
how fun! can't wait to see the rest of the fancy pics. I loved looking back...the first few years, that's when I knew you and that's how I still picture all you guys in my head. this is the first year we're not doing cards, lame, I know. so this is a sorry in advance, but will you still send me one please?? :)
ReplyDeleteShauna, these photos just cracked me up! The only thing I can think of with that lovely shot in front of the VHS cassettes is that maybe you were trying to show people how modern and in-touch with technology you were?
ReplyDeleteIn all seriousness, you know I love your beautiful family and I just adored being able to look at all of the Christmas cards of years past!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
p.s. I hope that the chicken worked out!
Shauna I adore the amazing Xmas pictures from Xmas present and Xmas past:) And the Halloween Wizard of Oz shot was absolutely fab. Beautiful family you have, and you look stunning:)
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day,
Axx
I love the photo in front of the DVD's just classic for the time period.
ReplyDeleteI too love Christmas photos but I can never get my family of 5 to cooperate, I don't know how you manage with 9.
I hope your pictures turn out I think your idea of a "dressy" shot will turn out fantastic, as you have such a beautiful family.