Wednesday, November 07, 2012

What I love most today is my room!

No, not because it's decorated to the "nines" or anything like that.  I will admit that I do like the way it looks now as opposed to years passed.  But, really I love my room so much because it's where so many of my precious memories are created and where my family loves to congregate.

We live in a town home, it's about 1800 square feet but my room is huge!  This picture was taken last evening.  My husband Kirk just had surgery, which is why he is in bed with his computer.  I walked in and realized every child we have was in our room!  I rushed to get the camera because it's not often we can all be in one place at one time anymore...we can't even fit into the same car anymore...for Pete's Sake.  (Can you find the baby Will?)

If you will...join me on "my room" through the years....
 
We always wrap presents in my room because it is so huge and we can lock the door.  It's obviously Christmas time in this picture.  And these were the days when we had T.V.  Kalen is staring up at it.  We got rid of it about year after this was taken. This picture is around 2004.

The duvet on my bed was our first ever as a wedding gift.  I loved it!
 
Just relaxing, which I feel my room is...very relaxing.  But, I look back at these pictures and think what in the world?  That picture... the tiny shelf in the corner?  I have no answers.
 
My room has always been the play area too.  A place to rough house with their dad and me if they begged enough.  We once had a couch in our room too, we eventually moved it downstairs.  We no longer have it either.
 
I remember this like it was yesterday.  Kalen is on the left and Gwyneth is on the right.  Reece and I are in the background.  This is of course at bed time, when we are supposed to be winding down.  Not much has changed.  :)
 
We've used our room for photo shoots, lots of them.  This is our photographer, Ken Ille.  He's awesome.  He's been taking our Christmas pictures for years now.
 
This was Christmas picture that we sent out in 2006, on none other than our bed.
  
The lighting has to be perfect.....
 
Shane...2009
 
Of course I've nursed all of my babies in my room and the others have to watch too.  These things are very interesting....
 
Nursing some more...this is Summer below and Shane above.
 
The peanut...Summer.
 
 
I love Sundays because all of the kids come to our room to get ready.  I do the girls' hair in my bathroom and the older boys come in to get a hair check too.  I just like to make sure they look 100% for church, I know very controlling.
 
Getting the little ones dressed.  I am pregnant here with Will.  I had him about a month and half after this was taken.
 
Current events...Kirk in bed after his surgery, today with Summer.
 
with Will....
 
And me with the Tumsy.  She was so cute holding onto my leg.  After all of these years, when I walk into my room I hear giggling, running, jumping, screaming, crying, the whole nine yards.  It's the most popular place in our house, we've made so many great memories right here.  And because of this what I love the most today is my room!!!!!
 
P.S.  I'm linking up with Tinajo to enter a giveaway.  She has a great blog.  I've been following it now for about a year.  Her blog is simple, elegant and she is a phenomenal photographer.  One of the things I like best about her blog is that I can read it in about one minute.    Unlike other blogs like.....mine.  :)

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. I love that all your good memories happen in your bedroom. My husband doesn't like the children I our room , but right now he is banned to the basement. He can't sleep upstairs because Addy wakes up so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Room! I love the evolution of it!

    I love everything about this post....like all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously the pull up as a shirt is classic. I was hoping this post would never end. It is wonderful there are so many memories for you to share with us (of course with 7 children I am sure you have no shortage of stories no matter what room).

    Here is to your husband's quick healing and years more of memories in that room :)

    Have a great Thursday Shauna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first pic of you all in your room is the best, I bet that is rare (I would want to take a pic, realize the camera is not within arms reach, and then be too lazy to go grab it)

    I love the one too of Kalen and Gwyneth when they were little being goofy, so, so cute, I remember those times too cause I knew you, wow, so much has changed, I am glad I've known your family for so long, it's been fun.

    Oh and you have your own photographer, you are fancy Miss Shauna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your room - wish I had a big one like that! Just lovely collection of pics, made me smile! :-)

    Thanks for your kind words as well, I appreciate it as I hope you know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shauna, there is just something that is so soothing about a room when everything in it is just right. The memories, the decor that you actually want (versus the things we keep that we sort of despise but sign on for another year of service because they're "functional."), the lighting, all of it.

    The editorializing on all of the different things that got purged cracked me up - it happens to all of us!

    xoxoxoxo Kat

    p.s. You are already my favorite friend with seven kids! Obviously. I have no doubt that were I to come over for tea right now, one of your girls would make sure that I left with a new braid in my hair or something of the like. This is just how things are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my parents' room was always no-man's land, so it comforts me to see such warmth and family in yours. my bff's parents' room was like yours. she's nearly 40 and to this day, all her siblings jump in the bed with her parents on a saturday morning. it's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete