Friday, November 02, 2012

What I love the most today are shoes!!!!!

I know you can all relate right?  I don't think I"m unlike most women in that I love shoes and own many.  I also love the shoes that my girls choose and I've realized that shoes say a lot about our personalities.  I've found this to be true especially with my daughters.
 
In these first few pictures I've mixed the girls' shoes with mine.
 
See these shoes below?  I have three daughters and these three pair of shoes are the winners at this moment or the most often worn.  Remember these shoes? The pretty coral colored with the big diamonds on them.  Those have been replaced with these.

 The funniest thing is that upon entering the store I immediately saw the sparkly shoes and the brown flats you see below.  I instantly thought, "Georgia is going to pick the sparkle shoes and Gwyneth will pick the plain sensible brown shoes."  Mind you, we are in the midst of a plethora of shoes.  What happened next?...exactly what I predicted.  Georgia ran to them and said, "moooooom aren't these so pretty, I loooooove these."  And Gwyneth calmly walked over to the brown shoes and said, "I think these would be perfect for everyday wear."

Now for the analysis:  Today my good friend said, "boy Georgia sure is a firecracker."  Don't the shoes that she picked look just like firecrackers?!  And by the way she most certainly is a "firecracker."   And my darling Gwyneth is very logical, sensible and practical.  Do these brown shoes not say all of those things?  Isn't it amazing?   :)  Now the baby girl, Summer wears what I put on her.  These mary jane type shoes were given to us long ago.  I used them as church shoes for the girls, but have since retired them because they are looking a bit tattered.  But, perfect for an everyday shoe now.  So cute.
 
Are you cracking up over my sign?
 
I love my shoes and my boots and I think they say that I don't like to look just like everyone else but I like some of the latest trends too.  I guess I like what I like.
\ 
As you can see below I have many different styles and types of shoes.  In this armoir I keep most of my church shoes.  I like standing out, but not too much.  I have an opinion but I'm not as blunt as I use to be.  I'm a tad but more diplomatic these days.  This is my shoes talking... :)
 
The shoes turned to the side are some of favorites right now.  On the top, the pair that have the slight wedge, I love them.  They are so cute with skinny jeans.  The pair below are Danskos.  Ever heard of them?  They are the most comfortable shoes ever!!!  But you'll pay a pretty penny.
 
Now for the last analysis.  I make the Tumsy wear her mary janes but I gave her a choice as to which shoes she could wear for her photoshoot and she chose these.  Yep, she's going full force into the awesome boots. She's my kind of girl and a lot like Georgia.  Independent is an understated description for this child.  She is not only wearing the boots she is eating her sister's Halloween candy, skittles.  And she has no diaper on because she refuses to wear one, so I am being forced into potty training, yes forced, I'd rather wait about six months but she's "miss independent."  Since diamonds cannot realistically be my best friend, my shoes are!  So, today...what I love the most are shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  
She's asking, "what do your shoes say about you?"  :)


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you...and yet. I think I only have a handful of shoes not because I don't love shoes and not because I'm boring and so I have a boring small shoe collection. It's because 1) I do not have the room for more than a handful of shoes and 2) I do not have the means yet to collect all the shoes I want.

    I am a shoe lover at heart but, timing sometimes is everything. Marley is a shoe lover too but still she only has one of each - Sunday shoe, sandal, tennis shoe.

    The first summer we were here, we went to Payless to get her some sandals and almost everytime we go to town since (over a year and a half) she says, "There's the shoe store! Can we go in there? I need......" insert the shoe of the day or heart's desire.

    Someday, me and my girls will have a shoe collection. And ok, I admit mine still may be boring...but Marley's will be faboulous...like Georgia's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, little girl shoes are the best. And I didn't mention in this post that I've been collecting shoes for years. I rarely get rid of shoes with the exception of worn out tennis shoes and broken shoes if they cannot be fixed and summer sandals. I just threw out my summer sandals because I literally wore them into the ground. And a lot of these shoes are from thrifting. Nonetheless I do love shoes.... :)

      Delete
  2. Great post. If you were looking at my shoes and trying to listen to what they were telling you you would hear, "80 year old!" screamed into your ears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was into shoes when I lived in England. I had to wear a gray pleated skirt and a sweater set as my school uniform, just like everyone else. While everyone else was wearing black or brown shoes, I was wore a different color of shoe every day my second year there. When I went back home to the states during the summer break I bought lots of pairs of shoes, enough to wear a different pair for two weeks: white, blue, black, yellow, green, brown, patten leather; black knee boots, slip-ons, sling backs, tie-ons (no tennis shoes, called plimsolls there). Each day the whole school stood in rows for prayer assembly, girls on one side boys on the other, head master on one side head mistress on the girls side of the room. After a few weeks back in school the second year the head mistress came up to me after an assembly and said,"My you have got a lot of shoes, haven't you?" It worked. I looked different. It really was the only thing I could change except my hair and I liked my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My shoes...oh how I love them, and I am not sure you can ever really have enough of them (as a woman they say a lot about you and they complete your outfit...why don't men understand this).

    I think you have a budding fashionista on your hands...maybe some smaller boots for her though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that shoes could probably solve world peace for all of us, given the chance. Between you and your girls, you have quite the trove. I have to say, I was drooling over most of them. When I was a pup, I was obsessed with bows on Mary Janes. I had purple ones and red ones and they were just the greatest. What more could I possibly need, right?

    p.s. I live for boots - they fix pretty much every outfit situation.

    ReplyDelete