Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What I love most today is Gwyneth...

She woke up to me singing to her with warm oatmeal and extra brown sugar on top.  Happy Birthday Gwyneth!!
 
 
I asked her to put on her favorite outfit today.  "If you could only wear one more thing, what would it be?"  She picked the above.  I got the cardigan with attached shirt thrifting for a dollar.  Six years ago this was her favorite outfit below.  And, no surprise that I also got this cute dress as a thrift find.  

Some things haven't changed at all!!!!  She is only four years old in these pictures below and she could read fluently.  I remember her coming to me one day and saying, "All I want is to learn how to read."  She use to get out of her crib after nap time and I would find her in the corner of my room with a stack of books by her side.
 
Like I said, some things haven't changed.  We just got her this book shelf from Ikea for $24.  I cannot keep up with the books this child brings home.  Her favorite place to shop is at the libraries 25 cent book sale they always have going on in the front.
 
   
For her 10th birthday she got this vintage nightgown to the left and this cute dress on the right.  She also asked for the hat above.  Kirk got her the "Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales." She also received a guide book to California's native birds, that she had been wanting for a while.  And the boys got her a plush blanket from Costco.  She loves blankets to go along with her books.

Gwyneth is one of a kind, truly.  She is amazing.  She has so many interests and talents and she's so intelligent.  I admire her so.  I sometimes wonder how I got so blessed to have her for a daughter.  As of late she finished reading the Book of Mormon for the first time.  She was dead set on reading it before she turned 10 and she did.  She wants to be a book editor, no surprise there.  She is saving to go on a mission.  Besides reading, she loves writing poetry, loves being with her friends and loves to bake.  She also loooooves to make up riddles and jokes.  I am often her audience for this kind of "stand up" comedy. A lot of people call her Gwen, our close friends call her Gwynie.  I call her Gwyneth or Gwenna.  She's happy to be called Gwen but prefers Gwyneth.

I admire Gwyneth because she knows who she is.  She's confident and happy.  And she loves the gospel.  Loves it.  She is so good about letting her adoring sister be attached to her like glue.  It makes me so happy to see Gwyneth love her sister Georgia.  I always wanted a sister, so to see them together "in love" just melts my heart.   I'm so blessed to have her in my life. What I love most today is Gwyneth.
 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. That is impressive that she was reading at 4. It seems like all of your children are pretty close . What a blessing! My two oldest are like oil and water. Their personalities are so different .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gweneth is such a beautiful name AND she is a beautiful girl! I love her favorite outfits! I wish I loved to read when I was young. Books and blankets sound great to me now!

    I have been meaning to ask...how do you pronounce Kalen? I have been reading it Kellen in my head but that is totally wrong, I'm sure! Kay-len?

    I'd love to meet your kids in person someday! They really seem delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off keep up blogging please because your posts are what I look forward to most once the kids are off to school & I can sit down with my yummy breakfast and enjoy the treat of your words. What can I say, I am just obsessed with you, I love you.

    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY GWYNETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    It's so fun to see her in a modern outfit, I am used to seeing her in more, I don't know, not so trendy clothes, either way she is an angel. Gwyneth definitely has an inner glow that shines through, it is so apparent to see in these pictures. Yes she is smart but what I am most impressed with is her conviction. What a pleasure to have a child in your home that is committed to choosing and living righteously, you and Kirk are so blessed.

    We love you Gwyneth and thank you for your wonderful example. I can't wait to show Lila this post. Emry, now that she is 12, is reading the Book of Mormon nightly, the fact that Gwyneth is finished is outstanding, excellent job Gwyneth!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet! And she has your awesome hair as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday Gwyneth!! we love you. and I LOVE her hair in a bun! she look just like you, Shauna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just the sweetest post. I have been loving reading every day (sometimes I fall behind...sorry) about what you love and when you write about your children it is just so sweet and heartfelt.

    Gwyneth sounds like a phenomenal child. Well done to you and Kirk for allowing her to grow her individuality and to foster her love of reading.

    I hope she gets a job as a book editor...there have been numerous things I have read lately that could have used a scrutinous eye.

    ReplyDelete