Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What I Love the Most!!!!!


What I love the most today is the Pacific Coast Highway also known as Highway 1 in California.  Last year I participated in "Nablopomo."  I guess November is national blog month and the challenge is to do a post every day for the entire month of November.  I loved doing this last year.  I'm not sure if this is the standing challenge for this year, but I'm doing it anyway.  Doing it last year got a little hairy at times but this year I am much more prepared and really excited for some fun posting.  You can see my very first "What I love the most" post here.  
This is the highway that runs all the way down to Mexica and up to Canado.  It links so many of us Californians and it's one the most beautiful drives in the world.  And I live forty minutes from it.

Last week I let the children have the day off of school while my dad took us on a pumpkin patch tour up and down the coast of Highway 1.  The pumpkin patches in these parts are so charming.  They are rather like huge, beautiful farms with lush gardens because they get the fantastic weather off of the coast.
 
See what I mean by charming....?  Beautiful flowers in full bloom all over the place.  This particular pumpkin patch was in Half Moon Bay, about a quarter mile off of Highway 1.
 
My dad is helping Summer to see the animals in the "petting zoo."
 
Biggest sister and littlest sister.  I love these moments.
 
This was hiding in the hydrangeas.
 
Who brought all of these kids...?
 
Big sister and middle sister.  Gwyneth is so good natured about letting Georgia be attached to her hip.  Georgia would "morf" into Gwyneth and be her if she could.  I swear, she cannot get enough of Gwyneth and Gwyneth is so good to her.  I love you Gwyneth for this.
    

This was another pumpkin farm we visited and it was incredible.  Why I didn't get a picture of the real life hay bale maze they set up I have no idea but it was crazy.  We watched three girls come out of the end and it took them forty minutes to find their way out.  The kids wanted to do it so badly but we didn't have time and they proceeded to tell me that, "if daddy were here he would take us right in."  To which I replied, "you are all probably right but he's not here so get a move on!"  :)
 
There you have it.  What I love the most today is the coast of California's Highway 1.
 
Not only can you find pumpkin patches off of this coast, you can be sure to find famous Bed and Breakfasts, golf courses, farms, hiking, camping, and so much more.  I know this highway so well because my dad use to take me up and down it camping when I was younger.  We did beach camping but we also camped at "Big Sur" a lot which became my favorite place.  When I visit this highway it brings so many memories back to me.  It is what I love most today....
 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Lovely pics! :-)

    Yes, you´re right on track - you take the direct link to the Giveaway post:

    http://tinajoathome.blogspot.se/2012/10/christmas-giveaway-wohoo.html

    and link that way in one of your posts. Would be so fun if you joined! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made me homesick. I remember a drive down the coast with my dad in his MG with the top down. Two years before we left CA for the deserts of UT, my husband rented a mustang convertible for my birthdays, which is in October and we would head for the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful shots and what beautiful children.

    I think a trip to the pumpkin patch is a great reason to be out of school especially when you have such wonderful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definately a must do before one dies. I have only been on parts of the 101. Would love to drive all the way down or up sometime. Yes, last might we sat around the fire as the kids sorted candy and put themselves into a sugar coma. Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love highway 1 too! Beautiful!

    Shauna! I'm so excited you are going to blog the whole month again! Love your positive and lovely posts! Love your beautiful family and all the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, i miss PCH! my bff lived in torrance, so i got to see all the pretty sights, some of them anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're on fire girl, can't believe I've missed so many posts,well I am catchcing up now! Adorable, everything!

    ReplyDelete