Tonight was our church Halloween party. We all got into our costumes eager to go and see our friends, get candy and just have fun. Starting from the youngest we have:
Fancy Nancy!
Why do they have to get bigger...why? Precious.

Batman!
Note the pistol in the bat utility belt and the cape is a Superman cape. Kirk wanted him to put on a different cape. I told him to let him be, just because kids are so cute with wanting to do things their very own way. So he's like a "Super Batman." :)
Fancy Nancy!
Why do they have to get bigger...why? Precious.

Batman!
Note the pistol in the bat utility belt and the cape is a Superman cape. Kirk wanted him to put on a different cape. I told him to let him be, just because kids are so cute with wanting to do things their very own way. So he's like a "Super Batman." :)
Miss Ladybug!
I wish I had taken a better picture of the wings she has on because I made them and they turned out so cute!! We've had this costume for years in the dress up box. It has a few tears and a hole in the bodice. That's where I glue gunned the little ladybug.
I wish I had taken a better picture of the wings she has on because I made them and they turned out so cute!! We've had this costume for years in the dress up box. It has a few tears and a hole in the bodice. That's where I glue gunned the little ladybug.
The Pioneer Girl!
Gwyneth loves this costume so much. She is wearing the most adorable dress I found thrifting for a few bucks, which came with a slip and all. It's the cutest dress, she's worn it to church and in the house a ton over the last few weeks. I gave her the apron for Christmas last year, I found it at a gargae sale for ten cents. She reminds me of a pioneer. She's resiliant, faithful and hardworking.
Gwyneth loves this costume so much. She is wearing the most adorable dress I found thrifting for a few bucks, which came with a slip and all. It's the cutest dress, she's worn it to church and in the house a ton over the last few weeks. I gave her the apron for Christmas last year, I found it at a gargae sale for ten cents. She reminds me of a pioneer. She's resiliant, faithful and hardworking.
The Go Go Dancer!
I was so happy when about two months ago on Ebay I typed..."retro sixties Go, Go." This immediately popped up for seven dollars and two dollars in shipping. I was the only one to bid. I got the platform boots at the Goodwill for $4.00 and the tights from Target. Note: Shane is cracking me up!!
I was so happy when about two months ago on Ebay I typed..."retro sixties Go, Go." This immediately popped up for seven dollars and two dollars in shipping. I was the only one to bid. I got the platform boots at the Goodwill for $4.00 and the tights from Target. Note: Shane is cracking me up!!
My favorite part of my costume was my hair and my dress. I think I did a great job with my hair and the Bouffant. The makeup was another story. I like it for the costume but it's just amazing how much makeup, specifically black eyeliner, they wore!!! It's crazy. It doesn't look like so much in the pictures but I swear I had so much eyeliner on.
We were so bummed that Kalen wasn't here for the first round of photographs. He was at a Merit Badge clinic all day earning his "Fire Safety" for his Eagle. He got home at 4:45 and quickly got changed into...can you guess? DR. WHO!!! In the picture of him he's holding the Sonic Screwdriver.
Funny story is that my kids have been watching Dr. Who for about three years on Friday Afternoons with thier grandparents. Because if you recall everything we watch comes from the BBC Network... :) A few months ago Kalen remarked, "it's funny, we're taking down our posters of Dr. Who and everyone here is putting up posters of him." It's true this show has quite a cult following here in America now and it's a pretty fun show. If you're not familiar it's about a man who time travels and has this special tool called the "Sonic Screwdriver." Kalen purchased his off of Ebay with his own money. It was pretty fun to see him at the party tonight because there were certain people who knew who he was right away and couldn't wait to get their picture with the "DR."
I love Halloween as do the kids, of course. My husband not so much. Today I asked him when he started to dislike Halloween so much and he said after we had kids. Because the whole day is hectic getting them ready only to then take them out all night getting "hooped up" on candy." I can't say I disagree but I love the kids searching for costumes weeks ahead (sometimes months) out of our boxes and coming up with fun ideas, with the anticipation of it all. After all it's the only time we can dress up and become someone else....
Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny story is that my kids have been watching Dr. Who for about three years on Friday Afternoons with thier grandparents. Because if you recall everything we watch comes from the BBC Network... :) A few months ago Kalen remarked, "it's funny, we're taking down our posters of Dr. Who and everyone here is putting up posters of him." It's true this show has quite a cult following here in America now and it's a pretty fun show. If you're not familiar it's about a man who time travels and has this special tool called the "Sonic Screwdriver." Kalen purchased his off of Ebay with his own money. It was pretty fun to see him at the party tonight because there were certain people who knew who he was right away and couldn't wait to get their picture with the "DR."
I love Halloween as do the kids, of course. My husband not so much. Today I asked him when he started to dislike Halloween so much and he said after we had kids. Because the whole day is hectic getting them ready only to then take them out all night getting "hooped up" on candy." I can't say I disagree but I love the kids searching for costumes weeks ahead (sometimes months) out of our boxes and coming up with fun ideas, with the anticipation of it all. After all it's the only time we can dress up and become someone else....
Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!


Dear Shauna, thanks so much for the lovely comment on my blog. I adore all these amazing costumes and your gorgeous children. You look fantastic. Have a lovely day - take care Ax
ReplyDeleteGreat costumes! How fun! We didn't go to trunk or treat this year.? We had too many other commitments.
ReplyDeleteyou guys looks awesome!! I loved all of them--so cute. especially loved your hair. our ward trunk or treat was over in like 15 minutes b/c it was pouring rain! boo.
ReplyDeleteNo more posts like these, they make me miss you all WAY TOO MUCH! I LOVE your outfit, only you a momma of 7 could look so hot, just awesome Shauna. I love that you have every excuse in the book to not dress up but still you guys all look so great! Your hair looks so professional, did you use the bump it? I actually own them and use them all the time, a few girls have asked me "Are you using the bump it?", like it's so lame, & I say, "Why yes, yes I am", whatever works right?
ReplyDeleteHappy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Marie, I wish I did have the bump it. I literally did my hair the "ol" fashioned way and teased it until it had no choice but to stand up and then combed the front piece over nice and easy. I loved it so much, I can't believe it turned out so well, I bet I wouldn't be able to get it like this again if I tried. But, the fun thing about it is that it's lasted still. I wore it to church and today it still looks really cute. So I will have cute hair to grocery shopping in... :) I miss you too so much,
DeleteShauna xoxoxxo
Totally LOVE the costumes! Great deals and finds with your costume! The kids are so cute!
ReplyDeleteI just knew all of your beautiful children would be dressed SO CUTE for Halloween...and I am not disappointed! Just look at them!!
ReplyDeleteFancy Nancy is PRECIOUS. I love Batman with the Superman cape...makes him unique! Beautiful Ladybug...can't believe you made the wings! So talented!! Black Belt looks so very tough!! Your pioneer girl is so pretty. AND....beautiful YOU!?!!!! You look so perfect, go-go mama! And have I mentioned how amazing you look...I've never seen a mother with half as many kids as you look this lovely. :)
Can't wait to see Kalen's costume. :)
Happy HALLOWEEN sweet friend!! Have fun!! xoxo
Oh my, don´t you all look just FAB! Love all of the costumes - and you´re a HOT lady in that outfit..! ;-)
ReplyDeleteOh you all look FANTASTIC! I love the variety of the costumes and the individuality each kids displays (Dr. Who might be my favorite, although your go-go costume is pretty wicked).
ReplyDeleteYour husband is a lot like mine, he cares nothing for Halloween. I on the other hand love getting dressed up and then going out to see what everyone else is wearing.
I hope you all had a blast.