Thursday, November 08, 2012

What I love most today is my new butcher block!!!!!

Before...
 
After
 
We purchased this butcher block from Ikea, about two months ago.  It was affordable and it has two chairs!!!!!  I know, I know, you're wondering why that's exciting when I have seven kids.  It's great because the two younger children wake up before the rest and they sit there and eat, while I am in the kitchen with them.  I love it so much.  I just love having them right there where I can see them and we can visit and chat.

It's much bigger than the old block.  The surface is wonderful for preparing food and it's a little higher.  And look at how I can store those cute bowls down there?  It's funny how I thought the old butcher block was so fitting in my kitchen?  When we put this one in the kitchen it's like a light bulb went on...this is much better for the space we have.  We use it tons!!!!  So, today what I love the most is my new butcher block!
 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. WOW Shauna I love it, what a cool new item, and how lovely for you to have the little ones right there, whilst pottering:)
    Happy weekend
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am glad to see a picture as I was wondering what it looked like. Men would think us crazy but seriously I am so happy for you!!! And all that storage, awesome!!!!! Those chairs look familiar.............

    My 3 all like to sit up there together, we bring in the brown high chair we use for the table. I was thinking of just getting another matching chair. Do your kids all want to sit up there at once?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic! I am amazed at how spotless your living room is with 7 children and only 18 square feet. I told my husband he had to turn down the job offer for LA because there was no way we could afford a house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shauna, that is such a fabulous looking Butcher Block (with the greatest storage space)! And from Ikea? I never would have guessed - I definitely need to get there more often. We're in dire need of nightstands and a desk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I love your new butcher block as well. I love a dark wood like that :)

    ReplyDelete