Sunday, November 04, 2012

What I love the most today is Los Gatos!!!!!!!!

Have you ever been to Los Gatos?  It's one of my favorite places to visit.  My dad moved here when I was thirteen, he had a house right off of the main strip, North Santa Cruz Ave.  When I first visited I instantly fell in love.  And when I graduated high school I moved in with my dad permanently to attend college.
 
This lovely place nestled against the Los Gatos Hills is just on the other side of Santa Cruz.  It's a small town with beautiful homes, friendly people, great shopping, tasty food, and it's home to two of our favorite parks.
 
This is the famous restaurant Andale.  I've eaten here many times.  Our favorite meal here is the Chicken Mesquite Salad.
 
Next to Andales houses the Great Bear Coffee Shop, or if your a local it's just "the bear."  I came here from the start of college to study.  And I always tried to get that seat right in the window.  That way I could study and look up periodically to people watch and daze.
 
Los Gatos has great shopping, from independent boutiques to popular chains like Benefit.
 
This is our favorite Italian restaurant hands down.  It's called, "The Pasteria off E. Main."  My husband always orders the Tri Tip Salad and I always order the Butternut Squash Ravioli.  I say always because trust me we've had everything on the menu and now we know what we love.  It's all good but we have our favorites.
 
 
 
My first job in Los Gatos was in this building, only it wasn't j.crew.  It was called Cat N' Canary.  It was so fun working there.  Two women from Santa Cruz started this business, one was located here and the other in Santa Cruz, just over the hill.  The store sold lots of brands such as Free People and lower end brands like August Wear.
 
You can have many adventures down little alley ways that are everywhere here.  It's so romantic.....
 
Homes like these are nestled about on every street and corner.
 
And if you don't want one of these homes you can live in the EL GATO PENTHOUSE!!  Funny huh?  I've always wondered what these places looked like on the inside.
 
Here it is the street that I lived on with my dad for so many years.  San Benito Ave.
 
And here's where I grew up, except the house did not look like this at all, it looked like.....
 
.....this.  My dad sold his lot above with a house on it that looked like the one below for a million and a quarter dollars and moved to a beach house in Santa Cruz Ca.  Amazing...
 
Los Gatos is home to one of our favorite places, Vasona Park and here we are now.  We take the kids here all the time because it's just so fun and wide open, lots of options.
 
 
Awesome...soda and plums, this snack is going down in the books.  No wonder they think their dad is so "fun."  :)
 
The best place to play baseball with dad...
 
best place to race down slides...

best place to fool around....

best place to make new friends...

the best place to be happy! 

Los Gatos has it all!!!  And today what I love the most is Los Gatos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. I think I have been there about 19 years ago. So fun! Your making me miss California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have been there about 19 years ago. So fun! Your making me miss California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to your dad's house in Los Gatos with you once right after you were married. When I saw that first picture I was thinking wow, that is not how I remember it and then I saw the second picture and I was like that's more like what I remember, but I mostly remember the inside. I too love Los Gatos. It's quaint. Or at least it feels quaint to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place and indeed the pictures just make you fall in love with it. What a shame your dad moved to the beach...well maybe not, I think the beach is pretty fabulous as well.

    Hope you all had a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Los Gatos too! You really have a way of making me miss all things California. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I can be totally into Los Gatos. The food would have been enough, but the rest of the architecture/shopping/open space makes me think of South Minneapolis. Which, is a favorite place of mine!

    I would be so fascinated to know what the El Gato looks like on the inside, if for no other reason than the fact that I have never seen any apartment/condo complex with giant cats painted on the sides.

    ReplyDelete