Sunday, November 18, 2012

What I love most today is Kirk!!!

Today, November 18th, 2012 is my sweet husband's birthday! This post is our celebrations of the day in correct sequence as they took place.

I adore Kirk.  In fact, I could write a post everyday for the rest of November on "What I love" most about Kirk because the list never ends, and as the years have gone by the list only gets longer.

What I love most about Kirk is the incredible father that he is.  I admire him for the way he parents our children.  I want to be more like him, really.  He is so loving and funny, you'll see as you look through the pictures that our kids are just enamored over him.
 
As most of you know my husband started our family tradition of "the family novel."  Each night we read scriptures as a family and then he reads the family novel.  We started this years ago and we've read some great books.
So, this year for his birthday I did a book theme.  The kids picked out some books for him written by one of his favorite authors, William Joyce.  This author wrote the current popular series "Gaurdians of Childhood."  It's been made into a movie.  But, he was reading the first of this series to our children a couple years back. And, from me, I picked out a novel I thought would be a good candidate for the next family novel.

See what a goofball he is...my kids looooove him for this.    The book below is "The Man in the Moon."  It's  a children's book, but it was the start to the series I spoke of above.
 
Another book by William Joyce.
 
Below Kirk is reading a letter from Kalen, our oldest son.  Kalen writes us these really long special letters detailing what he loves about us as parents.  It's so great.  I don't keep a lot of things, but those types of things I have a special box for storing.
 
Do you see what I mean about being enamored with him?  Look at the kids at the table below.  They just love their dad so much.
 
Gwyneth's letter and her "gold" medal for her dad that says none other than...."Number 1 Dad."
  
After opening presents I had this great idea to get out the tri-pod so we might all have a chance to be in the pictures.  It turned out to be so much fun.  It was hilarious.

Here's my favorite.....
 
And the rest are basically "out takes."  Enjoy....
      
This is the funniest picture to me because obviously some kids have left the scene, these two boys are just sitting and Kirk and I are now trying to have some kind of serious conversation.
 
This is awesome.  I guess you've gotta make out when you can with all of these kids around.  There were only three left so I guess we were thinking it was an appropriate time....hilarious.
 
Later on we went across the street to mom and dad's for Sunday dinner.  Kirk's mom always does a birthday dinner for each one of us.
 
She makes a great Pineapple Upside Down Cake. And, she's just great.  We love her so much.
 
Precious moments...
 
We ended the evening back at home for Family Home Evening and reading from the new books.


Here he is with two of his sons, just cuddling and playing around.  My husband, I adore him.  I can't wait to see him at the end of the day.  We have great conversations together, and since we're both goofballs, we can really get ourselves going sometimes and now that our kids are big they think it's so funny.

As a husband he's a dream.  He loves me, he tells me, he shows me.  We have a great love story and I am always looking forward to more time with him, it's never enough.  Happy Birthday, I think the world of you...What I love most today is YOU.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. You're husband is the luckiest guy in the world, to have you number one, but also all those adoring, sweet children. I love the two of you together, truly an inspiration of a hard working family that puts in the effort to create a Christ centered family and home. Love you all, Happy Birthday Kirk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this post. In a world where men and husband-bashing is rampant, it's so nice to hear guys praised for all the things they do right. Love your blog! So glad I'm reading blogs again because yours is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say hi to Leslie for me. From Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so precious and sweet! Happy birthday Kirk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the out take pics. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME POST! Really, all your posts are so good! Positive, uplifting, beautiful! I love this one and all the pictures! I love your family! I'm so glad you and Kirk are SO SO happy. Was so nice to see your lives together start and see it is still so loving and supportive and silly and fun and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely PRECIOUS Shauna! What a lucky woman you are to have such a wonderful man. I love the idea of a family novel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, very belated, Birthday to your husband Shauna! What a great tradition to all read together.

    The out takes of your family photo are hilarious. These are super hard to take and with so many children I am sure it always takes a couple of tries :)

    ReplyDelete