Saturday, November 24, 2012

What I love most today are boys!

Isn't it funny how different boys are from girls?  My brother in law Sean, my dad, Kirk and our two oldest sons went shooting today and they have been talking about it all week long.

Luckily for my husband, I'm not freaked out about guns.  My dad use to take me shooting when I was little too.   Before you ladies read on you might want to go grab your husbands for this post.  It might just make their day....
 
Kirk came home totally surprised by how many guns my dad brought to the range.  He brought out eleven and told Kirk that he still had more in his gun safe at home.  My dad loves guns.  Love.
 
This is one of my dad's guns below.  It was the big hit of the day.  A Smith and Wesson M4, Vietnam style semi-automatic weapon.  My sons loved it, and so did the men.
 
My brother in law Sean...
 
Kirk...
 
Kalen with the revolver.  So back to boys and girls being different....

Amazing huh?  They came home telling the best parts of the day and looking up gun laws in California, which doesn't fare too well for the gun owner here.

In the mean time, while they were shooting my sister in law and I went out shopping.   I got all my errands done for the next week, checked off my lists and felt great.
 
Boys are wonderful.  I actually love seeing my sons with my dad and their own dad.  It reminds me of the times I had with my dad.  I didn't appreciate it as much then, but I do now.  My sons love my dad and their own dad for taking them to do "manly" things.  I love seeing a different perspective.  It's what makes boys so great!  What I love most today are boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Every boys dream! I grew up shooting guns too, but we don't own any ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt and Sam both looked at this post and I even heard a Whoa! as they did. Looks like they had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! Shooting guns is nothing anyone really does here in Sweden, except from hunters, military and the police. We don´t have this tradition at all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like they had so much fun! So nice to have a manly thing to do with the young and the old. ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, and funny that my kids went shooting too, but my girls were there shooting with the boys as well! Good times, all about the kids. If you can believe I haven't done any Christmas shopping, and no pictures either????? What is wrong with me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness. My Dad is a recreational shooter. My in-laws are gun users as well. I took the safety class last year and certainly appreciate how much passion people have for it, but I took one step onto that range and knew that it just was not for me!

    My brother, on the other hand was so proud when he got his NRA sharpshooter in Boy Scouts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to go shooting. It is so much fun and for boys it lets them (both young and old) kind of live out their Cowboys and Indians play.

    Of course being confident with guns and knowing how they work is a great step in keeping kids safe. Good to see they had such fun.

    I hear you about boys and girls being different. Amazing that the same genetic material can do so much when you change the chromosomes :)

    ReplyDelete