Wednesday, November 18, 2015

What I Love Most Today is my Husband...

What I Love most today is my husband because it's his birthday!  Kirk and I met in college.  We're coming up on 17 years of marriage, which seems totally impossible and we have enough kids to play 3 on 3 in Basketball or Volleyball with one left over to keep a rotation going.  Haha!  We didn't start out in life together with a set plan as to how many kids we would have, but by the time baby number four came along I knew I wanted a big family.  Luckily, he supported me in this because raising all of these kids with him brings me the greatest joy.


 My favorite things about Kirk are:

-His favorite accent is the Southern accent, and he reads some of our family novels with that accent and it cracks our kids up, and me.  He says it's the only accent he can do, and it really is.  I've heard him try the others....  :)  

-He is an incredible dad.  When he comes home, he gives his attention to his family.  He grabs them, hugs them, loves them, talks to them, and just plays with them.  He will have been at work all day, but he never comes home and rests, he engages with his family as soon as he gets home.  I love that about him. 

-His appreciation for me.  Kirk calls me "the Machine."  He calls me this because I never run out of energy and I just go and go.  When he calls me "the Machine", I know it's one way he tells me that he loves me.  It's his little way of telling me that I'm great and that he loves me and appreciates all that I do.  But, the greatest thing is that he does actually tell me how much he loves me, how great I am and that I'm amazing.  

-He's super smart.  I'm so impressed by my husband!  I think I'm smart but he's so smart!  His brain works differently.  He's a problem solver, great at puzzles, riddles, games and I mean the hard games.  :)  I guess this is why he's an engineer.  

-He's like a girl.  And I mean this in the best of ways.  I feel like I have the best of both worlds.  Guess who introduced me to all of the greatest of Jane Austin?  Yep- my husband.  He loves all the romance and all that comes with it.  He's so awesome!  

-He works hard for our family.  I appreciate him so much for this.  I know it's a huge sacrifice to leave everyday all day long.  I am so grateful and appreciative of him for doing this so that I can be home with the kids.  

-He talks to me.  This is probably my all time favorite thing about my husband.  Kirk is interested in me, and we have great conversations.  There are many nights when we go to bed and stay up super late just talking and talking.  

-He's always grabbing me in the kitchen, and I say "kitchen" because it's where I spend 80 percent of my life right now. :)  He's always hugging me and kissing me- in the kitchen.  I think it's a great example for our kids to see their dad love their mom so much this way.  

We had a black and white birthday for him.  :)



Back in the summertime I had my oldest daughter take some pictures of us for our anniversary.  She did a great job capturing us. 

 I love you Kirk.  Our lives together are so different right now.  Once upon a time we had little kids and now we have kids that are on the verge of young adulthood.  It's wild and crazy.  And it makes life so busy.  We spend less time together because of the dynamic of "big kids" but it makes the time that we do get to be together that much better.  

I hope you have the best birthday ever.  I hope you feel loved and appreciated because you are.  What I Love most today is my husband. 



2 comments:

  1. happy birthday, Kirk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kirk. I still use the password you gave me at Skornia.

    ReplyDelete