Wednesday, November 11, 2015

What I Love Most is "Giving Thanks"...

Every year around this time we dedicate a day of "giving thanks" by taking the whole day to bake and make cards for people in our lives that we are thankful for.  Since my oldest son has the day off for Veteran's Day, we chose today to do our tradition.  

As we were baking our left over grapefruit was still out, with the kids pouring themselves hot chocolate and whipped cream and our Lindora Chocolates were sitting on the counter to put with our baked treats.  My kitchen was filled with patriotic colors!!!  

What an appropriate day to be giving thanks.  It all worked out so well, we love our country and are very thankful for those who serve and who have served to make it great and to preserve it's unique and wonderful history.  

The little boys were baking brownies except they also like to do this...

We can make homemade cookies but when we are making them by the dozens I buy premade.  It's just easier and they are still so good.  

We always put on Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving while we bake.  Sometimes when it's after Thanksgiving and we do this tradition we choose Christmas music.  


That is Summer's 3rd helping of whipped cream in the same glass of hot chocolate...she's done.  Haha! 

I love our family traditions, especially this one.  It's just fun to hang out together, especially in the kitchen talking about who we are thankful for and why.  Today What I Love most is "giving thanks." 


1 comment:

  1. Can I come over for hot cocoa and save a cookie for me? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete