Saturday, November 14, 2015

What I Love Most Today is Lake Tahoe, 2015!!!!

What I love most today is Lake Tahoe, for sure.  Every year we go the same two weeks in August.  My in laws are kind enough to let us come and stay in their unit that they own on the North Shore.  Some years, after the duration of two weeks, I am ready to go home.  But some years, I could keep going.  This year, I felt torn because I very much wanted to stay, but Kalen had already left to start high school and public school for the first time, so I really wanted to be with him.  

Usually, I have hundreds upon hundreds of pictures from Tahoe, but this year I dropped my camera and phone in the Lake!!  It happened about 5 days into the trip.  Luckily, by putting both devices in rice, completely submerged, they were saved.  But, it took a few days for everything to dry out.  So, I missed a lot of stuff.  Here is what I did get...


First day of Tahoe, everyone has to swim to the booey.  That's just what they do.  It's tradition.  :)

Reece and Georgia stood there for about 30 minutes coaxing Summer to swim to the booey, she finally did it.  She's a super good swimmer at age 4.  

Kalen turned 15 in Tahoe.  He's super tall at 6'1.  He loves school, he has straight A's, he's in all honor classes and advanced math.  He plays sports and is overall having the time of his life.  He attends early morning seminary, which we never have to wake him up for and he is knee deep in his Eagle Project.  He's so close to finishing!!  I love seeing him succeed and work hard.  I love being his mom.

Our tradition of playing pickle after dinner in the evenings.  

We had a lot of family at Tahoe this year, it was a blast.  One night we all went to the Mini Golf place in Brockway Springs.

Sand Harbor is our favorite beach in Tahoe.  It's so fun!  Tons of rocks to jump off of, lots of sand, a snack shack with treats and food, it doesn't get any better.




I built her this epic sand castle.  It had stairs and everything.  

She was exhausted every night...

Our pool that overlooks the lake...unreal.

Of course we had to get a "Second Hand Sunday" picture in Lake Tahoe.  

I took Georgia and a couple of her cousins to do a "fairy nymph photo shoot."  




These two crack me up.



Tahoe was a blast, as usual.  I love it there so much, every year I think, "how can we move here."  But, then we come home and I forget about it and the year flies by and we are back at Tahoe.  It's crazy how the time goes on.  Cheers to Lake Tahoe, it's what I Love most today.  




1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to have such a wonderful big family and traditions to foster the love between one another!

    ReplyDelete