Tuesday, November 10, 2015

What I Love Most Today is our Pool...

I can't believe it but we've lived in our town home now for almost 15 years, basically the entire time we have had kids.  We moved in when our oldest son was about a year old.  People seem skeptical when we tell them we live in a town home with such a large family, but, thankfully it does have 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and is almost 1800 square feet.  Sometimes I miss having a bigger backyard, but the trade off is our pool!  We have used this pool more times, have had countless parties, BBQ's, get togethers, play dates, and fun times at this pool and it is What I Love most today.


All of our kids have learned to swim at this pool.  William is the last to learn.  This last summer he became afraid of the water until the very end of the season.  My mother in law, who has basically taught all of my kids to swim, was able to find a way to get him comfortable in the water.  


Aunt Kerri, the kids love her fun spirit.  




We've had so many friends come to our pool and enjoy it with us but I would bet that our best friends, the Stepans, have ventured here the most besides us.... :)    (Stepans and Klippels)

This is Joe, Kalen, and Kent Circa 2008.  

William in the water, a small miracle.  :)

A great picture and tribute to Lesly, my mother in law, who has played with my kids in this pool countless times.  She's so amazing.  When my mom was alive she would tell me, "I'm younger than Lesly, but she has way more energy than I do, how is it possible?"  I would tell her not to feel so bad because Lesly was after all, part fish - all of my kiddos inherited that from her....except maybe William...that's why they are on dry land in this picture.  :):):)




Uncle Kraig came to visit over this past summer.  The kids miss him soooooooooooooo much.  :(

My best friend Wendy, and her two youngest kids, Sam and Brooklyn.





I have hundreds of pictures of our family and friends at the pool.  I decided to include a few more "throw backs" Circa 2008.

Gwyneth

My Grandma Pat and Grandpa Donald.  They came for one of the many birthday parties we held at the pool.  

Friends and family who had joined the birthday party...

Kalen and Shane

And Gwyneth, again.  :)  I love our pool.  Some of our fondest memories have been made there.  I can think of so many times that we have swam all day, eaten there all day and continued to swim into the night.  It's been the greatest backyard anyone could ask for and that's why What I Love most today is our pool.  

2 comments:

  1. I love your pool, too! SO many fun memories. I think if I'm counting right, we had 6 fun summers at your pool, which, by the way, I'm now paying for 10 years later with sunspots. sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen...ps. Trent would be so happy to live by you guys and play baseball! Baseball is his #1 love. but unfortunately, we don't have any teams around here that don't plan on Sunday. so he's not playing. this spring he plans to umpire little league. and then next year hopefully make the high school team. It's a hard time for him to not be playing baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you as a blondie! How fun! Pools are awesome and I couldn't live without ours! When we moved to Georgia it was one of the condition I had on buying a house. You can't live in the south without one. While we share with about 100 other houses most of the time we are the only ones there!

    ReplyDelete