Three years ago, if you were to ask my husband whether he liked baseball or not, he would have said, "I can't stand it." :) I played basketball in high school and ran track. Kirk played Water Polo, swam and dove for his high school team. Since our kids were born part fish just like Kirk and his mom, our kids have done swim team and played tennis for years.
But one day I was driving home with my son Reece. I happened to notice that as we were passing a baseball field where a game was going on, Reece was staring "longingly" out the window. This may seem silly but it was like the spirit was pushing me to do something. So, I did what any other mom would do and stopped the car right there on the street, got out, ran over to the field and asked about getting my son on a team. They happened to be doing try outs at that moment, but it was too late for Reece so they had me fill out paperwork and then stuck him on a team.
I came home told my husband that the spirit told me to sign Reece up for baseball and the rest is history. :) :) :) :)
I think this was the first game he pitched in. He's a great pitcher but he's known for his defensive plays on shortstop.
As soon as Kalen heard that his younger brother was doing baseball, he was next. I knew my sons liked baseball but I had no idea how much! Kalen is really lucky, he only started playing at about 13 and he has gotten so good! He's in high school now and will for sure play on his high school team.
It's odd to have a boy that's about 6'1 playing catcher, but he is so good at it. Nothing gets past him.
I think he might be saying a quick prayer on the left there...
Reece loves this game. He always shows great sportsmanship by standing at the fence and cheering all the kids on.
The spectators...our kids are lucky to have their dad. What I should say is they are blessed. He is at all of their games. I try to make some, but with all of the kids and the different schedules it's too difficult. But their dad is amazing. He loves to support his kids.
Sliding in for the point.
There aren't many scouts around anymore, so our kids get asked to present the flag a lot.
Kalen, Jeff Stepn, and Reece
If you haven't guessed by now, if you asked my husband today if he likes baseball, he would say it's one of his favorites. I grew up with baseball, both my mom and dad loved it. Every season my mom always had Dodger tickets and every season we watched in the stands with our "Dodger Dogs."
Reece wants to be a Major League Baseball Player, literally, no joke. And since I'm his mom, I am 100% sure that this could be his reality one day. Hard work and practice always pay off. Baseball has been so great for the boys because they have really bonded over it. Every chance they get they are out playing, practicing, throwing, and batting. It has been so wonderful to see all of them play America's favorite sport. So next time you see us in the stands we will be there doing none other than eating Big League Chew, munching down hot dogs and cheering the boys on. What I Love most today is Baseball.







It isn't my favorite as hockey, soccer, and swimming have my heart, but Winston loves to watch the games and I have totally supported him in that by taking him to a few games.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Kalen is so tall! both Emily and Trenton are 5'8. that picture of you and kirk is adorable! and it's so funny for me to see baseball pictures with sunny weather and you guys wearing sun glasses. most of our baseball games are raining, with the parents freezing to death in their winter gear and umbrellas.
ReplyDelete