Saturday, November 07, 2015

What I Love Most is Swanson Berry Farm!

This past summer we had so many adventures with both family and friends.  I love being out and about doing things, exploring and learning about new places.  Growing up, my dad and I took so many road trips and my favorite place to be on the road was always the Pacific Coast Highway.  

After we went beach camping in Santa Cruz, this past July, my sister in law and I took our kids straight from camp up the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway, or HWY 1).  We mapped out a few places we wanted to visit and we hit the road.  Later on, I also came back to the berry farm with our friends, so this post combines those two trips.  What I love most today is Swanson Berry Farm!  


It is the most magical berry farm that sits right on the ocean.  It's so beautiful. The kids are ready to go pick Strawberries!










My only advice when going to a berry farm is to pay attention as to how many pounds of strawberries are adding up.  My friend and went to weigh in and between the two of our families we had collected almost $100.00 in strawberries...oops.  :)




Okay, here is the really cool part.  When you're done picking, you go back to this large shack of a house and inside they have all kinds of vintage signs, vintage games for the kids to play all over the tables and tasting samples of their in house, homemade berry jams.  It's a little slice of heaven right on the ocean.










Their whole operation is run on the honor system.  You don't see this much anymore, but there are quite a few farms and stands that still operate this way on HWY 1.  

After we finished at the farm we finished at this locally recommended tavern and it was so great.  They are known for their famous Artichoke soup and I can honestly say it was the best I had ever had and all the kids agreed too.  What I love most today is Swanson Berry Farm! 

1 comment:

  1. Did you make it home with any strawberries? That store looks fun!

    ReplyDelete