Saturday, November 03, 2012

What I love the most today is William...

This is my baby, William.  He's number seven and below I'm holding him in the ease of our home and in the comfort of our room...but it wasn't always like this.
 
In the early evening of June 8th I had been laboring hard for forty eight hours when I was checked and dialated to a 7/8 there was no turning back.  I will never forget the feelings that came over me at that moment, the gut wrenching sobs.

William was born three months early at 2lbs 3oz.  Here is below, just days old.  In that picture of me below I'm looking up at the monitor that he's connected to.  In the NICU they call that the stare.  Because you can't help but stare at the numbers that are telling you their heartbeat, oxygen saturation level, etc.  And you just hope the monitor doesn't start beeping loudly because that can mean your baby's heart has slowed too much.
 
Well, we got use to life in the NICU quickly.  I tried to be there as much as possible with six other children at home.  When Will was born he needed what they call the most advanced resuscitation.  He was basically lifeless, until they got his heart beating again.



Today we are so happy to say that he is doing phenomenally well.  Not once did he get sick with infections in the NICU and he came out at 9lbs!  He had the last of his eye appointments with Stanford Medical Center and he didn't develop any ROP in his eyes.  He's perfect, and we all love him so much.  We are grateful for the opportunity that his early birth gave us to unite as a family and exercise faith and prayer and to talk together often about the atonement of our Savior.
Recently, my husband did a "photoshoot" of Will and I together, just him and his mom...enjoy.
    
 
 
 
   
I'm guessing you can see the strong resemblance between us.  It's like my eyes were given right to him.  Those are my eyes.  My husband keeps saying, "it's so weird seeing the other side of the gene pool."  Many of our children look like him...but this time this little one takes right after his mommy and that's just one of the reasons why today...what I love the most is William.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Precious. What a blessing and a miracle! Yeah, for William! AND his awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and William are both beautiful! So glad I can start reading your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shauna, you are so dang gorgeous! I am jealous that just days after giving birth you look stunning. I always seem to look spit out. Also, what are you feeding that baby. He just might way more than Addy! He is adorable! What a miracle baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your baby both are angelic. He is getting so big I love it!

    ReplyDelete

  5. you would never know by looking at him all the trials and tribulations. I'm so glad you both are healthy and happy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking how amazing it was that he looks JUST like you (especially the eyes).

    Your photos are beautiful and here's a high five to your husband for such a lovely photoshoot.

    It is wonderful to hear that he is doing well. I know as soon as Marie posted about his early birth that I said many a prayer for you and your family. You see you don't really need to KNOW someone to wish them well and pray for their healing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shauna, Praise God for William and his fighting spirit. It is just so wonderful to know that he is at home with you all, living the life that he was meant to. He looks like he has so much on his mind, judging from that face of his.

    It is certainly something to look at his eyes right next to yours - my mother says that my brother and I both got our father's eyes. But I got her blonde hair, so I guess it evens out?

    ReplyDelete