Thursday, November 22, 2012

What I love most today is Thanksgiving....

We had a great day.  We went out in the morning together as a family with our company.  We got home and I got to work.  This year I was in charge of the yams, rolls, and cranberry sauce.

Shane kept me company while I rolled out the dough.
  
Snitch....I love snitches in my kitchen.
 
Yikes....
  
Meanwhile, the husband napped and little ones played...
 
You can't see this very well but my daughter is holding one of the action men against her chest like a baby and shushing it and rocking it.  Can you tell?  She is patting it on the back.   She does this with anything resembling a baby.  Sometimes it 's a block she's holding, it is so precious.
 
    
A date with the broom...
 

I'm pretty sure California is the only place you can have watermelon in your Thanksgiving fruit salad, we're so lucky....


 
 
Funny that my brother in law Sean looks like my son William...is it the bald heads?
 
Today I am most thankful for my son William.  That he is healthy, home and settled in.  That our family is normal again, the dust has settled and life is routine and happy.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, we love you family and friends.
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Those rolls look PERFECT! Except, how many did you make? There are never enough rolls...especially when they look as good as yours!

    That is SO cute that your little one turns all things into babies! So tender!

    How many people at your Thanksgiving? Kirk has lots of siblings right? Were a lot of them there or away?

    You brother-in-law DOES look like William! That is so awesome! So cute!

    What a wonderful thing to be thankful for...Healthy, Happy William!

    Love you Shauna....love the date with the broom picture! You are so beautiful!

    ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what that is with the figs, but I want some! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. California is absolutely the only place where you can have watermelon in your fruit salad at Thanksgiving! I think the closest thing we had to fruit salad was a marshmallow-pineapple-cool whip-pudding-style fluff!

    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete