Friday, November 09, 2012

What I love most today is Park Day!!!!!

Calling all moms!  Park Day is from 3:00-5:00 pm every Friday at Vista Park in San Jose and it's been this way for yeeeears.  It's just a great time for the kids to play, unwind and for the mom's to visit and catch up with each other.
 
I'm learning that things really can't get started for girls until there has been a lot of hugging, giggling and adoring.  And after that they are glued together for the rest of their visit; as you can see....
 
Notice the boys are not hugging they are sitting, ya know, just hanging out on some roof....
 
Someone brought a rake and there were lots of leaves being piled up to jump in, throw at each other, you name it really....


climbing on fences....
 
jumping into leaves...
 
back flipping off of swings...
 
bopping up and down...all park worthy things.
 
 
This is Summer's favorite feature at the park, she'll ride on it forever.
 
The Girls...
 
The Moms...
  
My dearest friend Wendy Stepan and her daughter Brooklyn.
 
The Stepans minus two.
 
This is Gwyneth begging for Lily to come home with us after they've been together for the better half of two hours.  No amount of time is ever enough for these girls, ever.  They are attached at the hip and now I have the picture to prove it!
 
See you park..next week, same time, same place....What I love most today is Park Day!!!!!!
 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Now that is something to love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post. except I need little name tags on all the kids so I can figure out who they all are. I think I got most of them. little Brooklyn is so cute. I have tried, in each ward I live in to start up a park day and it never sticks. nobody is into it like I am. so your ward is an anomaly. wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No more park day for me, but it was so fun while I was in that stage. Love that pic of Wendy's son holding Brooklyn, I bet she would love it. I am in cooking mode. Been up since 5 and I still have lots to do. I had a bday party for Lila last night and today we are having families over for round 2 of her bday party, definitely looking forward to this one more. Last night wiped me out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our park day is Friday too...but it's 10:00 to noon. And in the winter it moves to a gym at the ice hockey arena and all the kids bring their push toys, bikes and strollers. It's fun! I wish wish wish we could go to the park all winter like you guys. I love the pictures! Looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a great photographer! I know I say this about every post, but I love these pictures. Especially the one of the 3 girls looking at they sky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every Tuesday in the summer, my mother and all of her girlfriends would get together with all of us kids for a daylong beach day. It was absolutely wonderful. It was so fun to see friends and just romp, even if we did do exactly the same thing every week. This sounds just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty park! And you are just a knock out. I have no idea how you do it all and look amazing doing it Shauna...really. I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great weekly activity for the kids. It is always a wonderful thing for them to spend copious amounts of time outside and with their friends just makes it more special.

    I hope you all keep enjoying this Friday fun day for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete