Saturday, November 12, 2011

What I Love Most Today is Cloudy Weather and Homemade Waffles...


Today I woke up to cloudy skies and drizzles.  I love this weather, it's my favorite!!!  As I get older the heat doesn't sit well with me.  It makes me feel down and drained.  Isn't that funny?  Usually, cooler, cloudy weather makes people feel this way.  The cooler weather makes me feel happy, relaxed and cozy.  On this note,  I thought I it would be the perfect day to make waffles.

This waffle recipe is so good.  It comes from a cookbook that Marie gave to me.  This waffle batter turns out like cake batter-it's sooooo good.  It calls for two cups of flour. I do one cup white and one cup whole wheat.  This is the only change I make.

Can you see the recipe?  If not here it is.

3 eggs
1 c. Milk
1/2 c. Butter, melted
1 T. Vanilla

2 c. Flour
1 T. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Sugar

Beat whole eggs in a bowl until thick.  Beat milk, melted butter, and vanilla into eggs.  In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Sift into egg mixture, and mix well.  (Sometimes I sift, sometimes not-no big deal.)

I'm trying to get better with the picture taking.  Some of these blogs have pictures that are just masterpieces, it's amazing.  I like this picture below, I switched our 18-200 mm lens to our 50 mm lens.  I love this lens, it gives that crisp picture up front and blurs the back.   


And Wall a!  We have delicious waffles, homemade syrup, fresh strawberries, blueberries and on a day like this a little powdered sugar can't hurt anyone.  Especially because our Halloween candy has been gone for over a week.  (Because I threw it away.)



This is the way I like mine.  The waffle first.  A drizzle of syrup.  A big dollop of plain Greek yogurt, a tiny drizzle of more syrup, the fruit, toasted pecans with a little snow on top.


All of a sudden I hear Kirk calling out, "you two better get in here and eat your breakfast or it's going to be all over the blogging world that you didn't eat your mom's fantastic homemade waffles!"  I started cracking up.  Funny babe.


Oh yes, and the Cocomotion was whirling up some delicious dark chocolate cocoa.  This is one of my favorite things.  It swirls your cocoa and heats it into a frothy, warm piece of heaven.

So What I Love Most Today are Cloudy Days with Homemade Waffles!!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I was looking at your pictures thinking, "Wow, great pictures, I wonder what camera they are using." Then I read the blog and noted that you were trying to make your pics look a little better. Well, good job, you did it, they look GREAT!!! I now find myself craving waffles in the mid-afternoon.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, awesome pics. I have 2 lens' but do you think I know what number they are? I will look now, I am just lazy like that. I love this weather too. I wouldn't like it year round but it is fun for a month for two. Happy Sabbath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on our blog Andy! It was good to see your two minutes in church today. Take care, I can't wait to see your family at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those waffles look SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete