Monday, November 28, 2011

What I Love Most Today are Georgia and Shane...



As this project "What I Love Most" is coming to an end, I've really enjoyed blogging about my children.  I don't scrapbook, and I only keep a "loose" journal as a way to write down mostly cute things the children  say.  So it's made me happy to bring these pictures off of the "hard drive" and to capture some of their sweet moments.

 I've chosen to do Georgia and Shane together because in the last few months I've really noticed their bond.   They play together a lot, especially because the older siblings are busy with school for part of the day, so their friendship with one another has really grown.

Here I am about to have Georgia.  I included these pictures because I am about ready to push but I have an Epidural so I am pretty relaxed which I love.


Kirk snapped this picture right before I began pushing.  I like this picture because my eyes are contemplative just wondering and hoping things will go well for the actual pushing and birth.

 I had some complications with this pregnancy.  That's really putting it lightly, I guess.  The Neo Natal doctors determined that my water sack leaked at 19 1/2 weeks.   Along with this came other complications; heavy bleeding and increase risk for infection.   I was in and out of the hospital for the next month and a half.

The Neo Natal doctors counseled with Kirk and I several times making sure we knew we had the option of aborting the baby.   They didn't foresee the baby living since my water sack was torn so early, and I was barely at "viability" so they were trying to prepare us for the extreme medical problems the baby would have if she were to come as early as twenty four weeks, for instance.

I am grateful for my testimony of the gospel.  I'm grateful for my testimony with regard to prayer.  I tried hard to keep my prayers focused, not getting desperate, begging to keep this baby.  I wanted to have this baby.  But I knew the possibility was open to losing her as well, as hard as this realization was.  I tried to be honest with my Heavenly Father, by letting him know my yearning to have a baby girl.  But, I also tried to acknowledge his will, because it's his plan not mine.  But, I'm not perfect and I know there were moments of pleading.

After about two months they could see the lining in the water sac had closed up.  My Neo Natal doctor said that he has seen this happen about point five percent in his forty five years of medical practice with babies.

So, I gave birth to Georgia on February 14th 2007.  Isn't that so special?  What a great birthday to have.



This is a great picture.  I'm so excited, they're so excited.  And Gwyneth has her baby with her so she could be a mommy with me.  Precious.

Georgia, Georgia.  You can't believe how many people, upon hearing her name just bust out in song....."Georgia, Georgia...on my mind......"  It's hilarious, she's use to it by now.

There's the "Bearn."  Yep, like bear with an "n" sound on the end.  Don't ask me why.  There is some variation to it as well, like "Bearny B," or "Bearny Bop."

As cute as she is, she was by far our hardest baby.  Remember my post about Kalen not sleeping, me wanting to give him to my in laws so I could just get some sleep.  I realize he was a normal new born after having her.  She would wake up every thirty minutes for the first four months.  I was dying.  Kirk, saved the day as always and took her most of the time.  He could her wrap her into a slumber, where as I.....could not.

This is a great picture, just so sweet at the beach.

Kirk did a little photo shoot with her right after she was a year old.  Looking cute Georgy.

Sisters in dress up, as fairies no less.  Is there anything more precious, I don't know?  Gwyneth is good to Georgia.  Georgia idolizes her.  I have to do Gwyneth's hair first before church. Because I will have to take out Georgia's hair and redo it the same as her older sisters, that is when she sees Gwyneth's hair being different from hers.

This is how a lot of our conversations go with Georgia.

Georgia:  "Mommy, I'm hungry."
Me:  "Well how about a snack?"
Georgia:  "Okay, but what's Gwyneth having to eat?"

Me: "Georgia do you want to come to the store with Mommy?"
Georgia:  "Is Gwyneth going?"

Georgia:  "Gwyneth I love your braids in your hair!" "Mommy, I actually don't want my hair like this can you fix it?"
Me:  "Well, sweetie, we need to leave for church really soon, so....."
Georgia:  "Mommy, pleeeeeeaaaase, I need braids like Gwyneth."

Of course I gave her the braids.

This is one of my favorite pictures of her.

I'm glad I have this picture because I thought my daughter Gwyneth was, as they say, "girly."  Oh no, Georgia makes Gwyneth look like a "Tom Boy."  For a year and a half she insisted that I put every bow, flower and fancy clip we had into her hair from our hair box, when I would do her hair.  You're only seeing the top of this "hair do."  The back of her hair has a garden of it's own too.

Georgia and her new sister Summer.  Georgia loved to carry her around.  She often asks me, "Mommy, when do I get to be a mommy like you?"  This is so cute because Gwyneth use to ask me the same thing.

I love this picture because it shows how much these two look alike.  People have asked if they are twins.  They have very similar features.  I also like this picture because I can show it to them when the are fighting to prove that there is some love between them.  They don't get along so well.  I have hope that as they get older this will change...please.

But these two get along.   Kalen adores Georgia.  He drives her a little crazy because he grabs her for hugs a lot.

This is Shane.  He was born July 9th, 2009.   He was such a sweet, easy baby.  Thank goodness because after dealing with Georgia as a baby......
Our great friend and  photographer, Ken Ille took these pictures in our room.  So cute.

Here he is.  Nothing could wake him.  Funny, so opposite of Georgia.  Nothing could get her to sleep.  Hahaha.

I had another complicated pregnancy with Shane.  No water sac leaking this time though.  I developed a blood clot that extended from my right ovary all the way up into the right atrium of my heart at 21 weeks of pregnancy.  Again, doctors were saying they had never seen anything like this happen.  They ended up doing surgery,  which came with some risk, (obviously).  They were convinced that the ovary was twisted and thus causing the blood clot.  That was not the case.  I wish I had never had that surgery.   I had to inject myself in the belly for the next four months twice a day with a blood thinner.  My belly became black and blue and it was so tender and painful trying to find a spot to poke where I hadn't poked already.

I don't know why I had these complications with these two pregnancies, but through these trials I have drawn closer to the Savior, relying upon him when things didn't go according to "plan."

Goodnight Moon is Shane's absolute favorite book ever!  He would have me read it to him twenty times in a row.  The next few pictures are of Shane and Georgia.  They are good friends.

This was after church this last summer.  They enjoy being around each other.

Here they are with Kalen.  He loves these two, Shane and Georgia.

I love being Georgia's mom.  Because she loves me so openly.  She always wants to be with me.  She wants to help me in the kitchen.  She wants to sit on the toilet and watch me get ready.  She wants to go to the Gym with me.  She wants to sit by me at the table when we eat (and Gwyneth too).   She says sweet things to me, like, "Mommy, your dress is so pretty."  She is very complimentary and sweet.   She's a doll, really.  I can't get enough of her.

Shane is well, just like my sweet husband, Kirk. So, what's not to adore?  Shane is the spitting image of Kirk, when Kirk was little.  And his temperament is similar to Kirk's, mellow and laid back.  But, he can be wild too, and can  get right in with the wrestling matches that take place one too many times on a daily basis in this house.  :)

He's officially potty trained now.  He's talking really well and of course I think he is smart for his age.

I'm grateful to have them both with me today.

So because of this What I Love Most Today is Georgia and Shane.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Love all your posts. You are very good at expressing yourself and how you feel and felt. I love all the pictures! Kirk is really good at taking pictures and capturing tender moments. You always look SO amazing! Your children are beautiful! I love that you have six! You seem like a great mother and wife! What a happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shauna when I first clicked on this post and saw the picture of you I thought it was going to say something about being thankful for epidurals.

    You described Georgia perfectly, she is such a sweet little girl. She is feisty and angelic and I just love her. I love that she copies Gwyneth, so cute.

    If Shane is like his dad then you will have one less kid to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:40 PM

    Again, what blessings these two children are. I adore Georgia as well because she is completely loving and so open with affection. I especially love those "SMOOHES". Aaaahh, so much fun. Shane is just a little doll baby boy. I have not spent as much time with Shane as I would like but I know that time will come and I will feel a closeness with Shane like the others.
    Wow, Shauna, tomorrow is the end of the month. I will miss these posts. I have felt like I have been there this past month reading this blog everyday. It has been fun.

    Thank you for the wonderful gift.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always amazes me that doctors can so easily say abort. We were told to with Roman and I can't imagine doing so because he is so precious. What an amazing gift I would have missed out on had I done so which really never even for two seconds crossed my mind. Everytime they did an ultrasound or an Echo he would put his hands around his ears. He hated the sound. How can they say that is not a baby?

    ReplyDelete