Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What I Love Most Today is Pizza!!!

Pizza is is a funny food because at first thought it's reputation is sort of dismal. Pizza gets a bad reputation because of it's nemesis, the take out pizza.

I love pizza.  Real homemade pizza that is.  Pizza at home can be so great and so good for you.  This is a whole wheat pizza dough from the "Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten."  Except I've made so many changes it's really my own recipe now I guess, she wouldn't even recognize it anymore, Ina that is.

It's the easiest dough to make, really.   It only has to rise for half hour.  I split it in two to make two large pizzas.

I am getting a picture of this once and for all.   This probably doesn't translate well but they are holding up dough.  Ever since I have been making this pizza (years) they ask to have some dough.  I would find myself saying, "no, it's not play dough, it's to make the pizza, I need this dough......for the pizza!!"  They would beg and beg to have some.  Every time I would let in, after giving them the sch-peal.

 Now, they ask for the dough, I give the dough and they proceed to shape and mend it like play dough.  There could be worse things.


Mending and shaping.

Now she's dipping the dough in the red sauce, which she got onto the floor....

 along with all of the flour and cheese for her "creation."  I just keep saying, "there could be worse things." :)


Her creation.  A tiny pizza, maybe?

I like lots of vegetables.  There are so many ways to do pizza.  I've done lots of different pizzas.  Mainly, what dictates my pizzas is what I have on hand.  I had red sauce to be used, mozzarella cheese that needed using and the vegetables.

 If you are wondering if those are yams, why, yes they are!  Because as you are beginning to see, I love yams on everything!!!




Here is Kraig (brother in law).  He loves my pizza, bless his heart.

It came out great tonight if I do say so myself.  So, What I Love Most Today is Pizza!!!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. We LOVE homemade pizza too! We also have a favorite dough recipe that we've been using for years. When we lived in Nebraska we made homemade pizza every Friday! After awhile we got sick of it but in Michigan it's back...but not every Friday. I also love the leftovers!

    Musts for my pizza are pizza sauce which we make from tomato sauce and Italian seasonings and mozzarella. And if there is not enough mozzarella, it's not pizza to me. Other than that I like most anything on it. Though I've never had yams...you are so funny with those yams!

    Marley loves to have her own ball of pizza dough! I love it too, because other things we cook or bake she wants to be right in the middle of, which sometimes is fine. With pizza she is off on her own part of the counter, kneading and squishing and rolling. Out of the way. Our problem is she likes to eat the dough. Ewww! One time we got her to make a little dough boy and we baked it up for her and she loved it, but since then she says, "I just want to eat the dough."

    Great post! I love pizza too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids would never go for yams on pizza, looks yummy. I never knew Kraig spelled his name with a K, interesting. Tomatoes and mushrooms are my favorite toppings & basil and goat cheese, mmkay I'll stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:46 PM

    Great pictures, beautiful colors on that pizza. You know what they say, color equals flavor!!! I love your pizza too. It is light and delicious.
    Luv ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete