Today Kirk is 34! Happy Birthday Kirk!!!! When I met Kirk he was 19. It doesn't seem that long ago, it wasn't really. We have loved our lives together so far with our family. We are learning and growing together and there's nothing better.
I made a French Toast Cake in honor of Kirk because he loooooves it. I quickly realized, when we were dating that this was his favorite meal as he would order it, if the menu offered it. He would order it for Breakfast, lunch or dinner. When I hear the words French Toast I think of Kirk in our "early days, which are great memories...
One of my favorite things about Kirk is that he supports me. He supports me as a wife, a mother, as a woman, as a friend to others, he lets me be myself and he loves me for me.
One of my favorite stories about Kirk is the time when he went to the dump because I accidentally threw away the diamond off my wedding ring. Long story short is that my "main" diamond in my wedding band fell out. I didn't know he placed it in a zip lock bag on the window sill. I saw it and thought it was an empty bag. So I tossed it. Yep, he went to the dump, sifted through the trash and found the plastic bag with my diamond in it. I'm convinced he would do anything for me.
And then of course there's that story where he had all of these kids with me.......well we're still living that story and we've loved it so far. :)
The full spread.
My card...always a novel inside.
Here we are looking slightly different since we were 19, but not much....:)
Georgia wants to open the present.
The present. We wrap all of our presents with Trader Joe's bags and then color on the paper.
If you can see that correctly, yes they are bike pedals. We go biking a lot as a family. Kirk's bike is a rode bike with a very uncomfortable seat and pedals that you "click into." So on his list were pedals and a cushy bike seat. He told me the exact brand and where to get them. He's a family man now, he needs a soft seat so he can ride in comfort.
A kiss on the cheek from a cherub, he'll take it....What I Love Most Today is Kirk on his Birthday!

Yummy! I'll take french toast over a cake any day of the week! I think that we are now going to have french toast for breakfast.
ReplyDeleteI just made French Toast this morning. I used Great Harvest honey whole wheat bread, organic eggs from a friends chicken and cream instead of milk. There are no words.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Kirk.
I think Kirk is Awesome too!!! He is an awesome son-in-law! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRK
ReplyDeleteLove ya, Mom Kozeluh