Thursday, November 10, 2011

What I Love the Most Today is Craigslist!!!!

We have a Dodge Caravan as our family car.  It holds seven people.  What?  You're asking how we fit all eight of our family in it?"  Well let me tell you.

Craigslist is the best.  When we got pregnant with Summer everyone was very curious as to how we were going to make this work since now we wouldn't be able to fit into one car.  So, we were out with some friends one night and the subject came up again.  Kirk said, "Oh, I have an idea."  I just looked at him and thought, "this should be good, because I know we're not getting a new car."

Maybe you're not getting as excited as I am right now just thinking about how Craigslist hooked us up but you should be because this is the deal of a century.

Apparently, you can find anything on Craigslist.

It may be hard to notice but in the picture below there is a three seater bench in the front and a three seater bench in the back.  What? "You've never seen this before? And you're wondering how you too can have a fabric bench seat with a leather bench seat"  Sorry it's custom, thanks to Craigslist.

 My genius of a husband found a used bench seat from another Dodge Caravan for $40.00 on this blessed website.  Luckily with this van the tracks that the bench wheels slide on are all on the same track.  So that beautiful mismatched leather bench seat just slid right in like it knew no other Caravan before this one. " Do I care that the seats are mismatched, I sure don't because it saved us about $30,000.!!!"  And folks, this is why...What I Love the Most Today is CRAIGSLIST!!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. that....is.....AWESOME! I love husbands who are problem solvers! My dad always says, "I love it when a plan comes together!" and Kirk's plan sure came together. What an amazing blessing! ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about all the legos you get for your kids, you saved a ton there. I love little Shaney's message, so cute. I did my link as usual and for the life of me it would not work. It's like all of your posts run together and it just shows the most recent one. And thank you Kirk for thinking I know what hyper link is, you're too kind.

    ReplyDelete