Saturday, November 19, 2011

What I Love Most Today was our Holiday Dinner at Church....


It was phenomenal!  This was the most elaborate and exquisite church holiday dinner I've ever been to.  You might be able to see the theme was "Mascaraed," or Phantom of the Opera "type."  Pam Calvert and her husband Kevin Calvert from our Hillsdale Ward did all of the decorations and they out did themselves for sure.  This was the centerpiece on all of the tables.  (I'm so sorry that these pictures are from a phone camera, not the best but you can get the idea.)

Below is the what the top of the center piece looked like.  The big tent in the middle made the ceiling appear to be lower so you didn't feel like you were in the gym.



















These cute mirrors decorated the walls throughout the gym.  I love it!  I can decorate a wall or a shelf, but people who are able to visualize huge spaces and bring these themes together are amazing.  Pam is amazing!  Her house is also fun to visit because it's decorated to the "nines."

We sat with our friends the Marchants.  We love them, her husband is our Home Teacher, and was just called as Elder's Quorum President.

Do you see this chandelier?  So great!!  It was all so impressive.

For the entertainment the party committee was able to book a woman named Aftin Bowl.  She is a graduate from BYU.  She majored in musical theatrics.  She sang various songs from all kinds of musicals.  She sang a song from Phantom of the Opera, Carousel, Cats and at the end a song about Jesus Christ and Christmas. In between songs she gave us some trivia about different musicals and such, it was really fun, she was great.  A real treat for us.

Look how great these little chandeliers are!  My daughters would love these in their rooms.  I'd like them too...


I love all of the masks.



For dinner we had Chicken Cordon Bleu.   It was very tasty.  I had never had it before this.

All of the chairs had these satin covers,what a difference that made!  So chic...

I really like the black and white vintage wrapping all the way around the gym, with the lighting.  I heard people were decorating from yesterday morning until right before it started.

It's nice for us to be able to enjoy a party like this once a year.  LDS folk work really hard.  For those of you reading this blog that aren't "Mormon," in our church we hold callings.  This just means that our Bishop asks each of us to serve in a particular area.  For instance, I am the Sunday School teacher for the four year olds and they are called the "Sun Beams."  Everyone has a job that goes to church.  And nobody is paid to do these jobs.  That also means that our Bishop has a full time day job and also puts in an extra 25-40 hours a week as Bishop, no pay.  We all serve where we can and it's very inspiring to see the organization and the effort put forth by all the members.  So this is a time to celebrate one another and to ring in the remembrance of the birth of our Savior, our Redeemer, who served with perfection.

What I Love Most Today was our Holiday Dinner at Church...Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to put this together.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Pam is awesome!!! I do not have that decorative flair, but what a great asset and talent for your ward. I love the whole masquerade theme that was even brought into the entertainment. Could she sing Chris Brown? That boy makes me want to move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy9:39 PM

    I'm caught up on the Klippel blog! What a fun month you've had :) Happy Birthday to Kirk....love the cake. We enjoyed sitting with you at the party- such a fun event. Seeing all of your food pictures makes me hungry- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so elaborate and so fun! I love the little chandeliers too! And the Black and white design and the elaborate frames. I want one like that with a mirror in it for my entry. I do not have a flair for design but it's fun to try.

    ReplyDelete