Friday, November 25, 2011

What I love Most Today is our Photograher, Ken Ille!!!!!


 Ken Ille is our close friend.  He is also our Photographer.  Ken's wife Christie and I met at Santa Clara University.  We were both doing the same major.  When I met Christie, she hadn't met Ken yet.  So, they finally met at SCU too and we have seen their love story from the beginning.

Below are some shots from the photo shoot he did of our family today.  He gave us some "sneak peaks."  But before we see them, we've got a little bit of history to cover.


Ken and Christie were married in 2006 and asked if our children, Kalen and Gwyneth would be their Ring Bearer and Flower Girl.  Of course we obliged...We were honored.



Their wedding took place in the Santa Clara Mission, where we all went to school.

Here they are looking dashing and so cute.

Kirk likes photography as well, and has a great eye too.  He shot this one of Ken and Christie.

He also shot this one of Christie and her Brides Maids.   I love this picture so much.  I think it's great that he caught Christie hiding, but you can see just enough of her to tell she is giddy on her wedding day.

Here is Gwyneth looking very tired after a long day of dutiful service.

This is the first family photo Ken took of our family in 2008.  I love this picture.

Here is the second one he took  in 2009

He has taken hundreds of us, but here are a few of my favorites....Sisters, nothing cuter.

Precious.

Kirk and I don't have a ton of great pictures together, this one is nice.

So, that was history, this is the present.  Kalen shot today by Ken Ille.  It's cute, but he got some better shots, as he showed me during the shoot.

This one is fantastic of Gwyneth because it's very suiting to her personality.

This is great of Reece.

So Georgia, really.  When I picture her in my mind, this is exactly what I see.

So cute.  This is just realistic, why would a two year old sit and smile nicely for the camera?

Oh Tumsy, she looks like an Easter Egg.  A little treat to find in the grass....

This is cute.  He did a lot of family group shots that were more traditional, which is what I like.  But, Ken is fascinated by the "largeness" of our family, so he did a few where he wanted us to spread ourselves because there are so many of us-he's trying to show the vastness of us.  Hahahahahaha.  I kept saying, "I don't know Ken, it's not that many, we could stand to have a few more."

Ken is an IT Engineer by day and a Photographer by "night."  He mainly does weddings and engagement pictures.  But, he does the occasional family pictures too.  You can visit his website here.

We got to spend the day with them.  He took our pictures and then we went to pizza.  It was great to catch up and just visit with them.  Ken is a fantastic photographer, he's really great to shoot us.....so What I Love Most Today is our Photographer, Ken Ille!!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. how fun. great pictures. can't wait to see more. and your hair is dark!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one is awesome. I agree with him, I like that it shows how big your family is by spreading you all out, a literal family tree.

    I've committed to Christmas pics because I bought stamps at Costco and took a pic last week, now I just need to get envelopes and cards and print out address' etc....

    Outside pictures are my favorite, your family is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:43 PM

    Amen Marie! Your family is awesome and the literal family tree is quite appropriate and very adorable. Love the pics of the kids individually. You are right, that picture of Georgia is REALLY SOOOOOO GEORGIA!
    Luv ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how big your kids are getting! I am coming to California for a few days in December and will be at church on the 17th, so I hope you guys are there because I want to see you =]]

    ReplyDelete