I've been wanting to do this for a long time. For years, I have had this one large tupperware bin under my bed full of photographs. You know, vintage Polaroids from a camera that used film.
What I found were lots of shots that were bad, blurry, too dark, or just bad. And they say, "a bad picture is always a bad picture." So, in the trash went those pictures. I also found lots of doubles and triples even, who knows why. Away those went too.

The kids found one of my team pictures from when I was on the Basketball Team in High School. At first they really couldn't figure out where I was. I guess I look a lot different...What I found were lots of shots that were bad, blurry, too dark, or just bad. And they say, "a bad picture is always a bad picture." So, in the trash went those pictures. I also found lots of doubles and triples even, who knows why. Away those went too.
There I am.
Georgia found my wedding album and she couldn't stop looking through it.
Here I am a midst the sorting, trying to decide what to get rid of and what was worth keeping.
I was able to store what I conserved into one of those little boxes below. Reece kept saying, "where are the pictures of me," and I explained to him that we had a digital camera by the time he was born. So, there were very few of him in this "mess."
It's amazing how we have gone completely away from film, and we've done it without the blink of an eye..."out with the old, and in with the new." Well, some of us have blinked a little because were stuck with all of these Polaroid pictures!!! So, because of this What I Love Most Today is Organizing!

I love organizing too! In fact when we were in Lincoln, I made that my hobby. I checked out books from the library and followed organization blogs. I still have a lot to organize though.
ReplyDeleteI have a little-ish/good sized suitcase packed full of pictures. There are probably a TON I could throw away, blurry, dumb, repeats, etc. Some I could send to people because they might not have ever seen them?
I also have a big plastic bin of mission stuff. And a big plastic bin of stuff from growing up. It just feels so overwhelming to go through that stuff though because I need an objective eye (which would be somebody else) to say, "Becky, don't save that, your kids will not care. Chuck it!"
I have a whole room that needs to be organized! Craft stuff, sewing stuff, canning stuff, clothes that Marley doesn't fit in anymore, clothes that people have given us that she doesn't fit in yet. But, I am waiting for 2 things. #1 We need another bookshelf, which I hope to get for Christmas. #2 Winter...need that nice big project to do during the cold winter months. Which it's about time to get started! Exciting! I will LOVE getting that suitcase of pictures down to a picture box!
Great post. Makes we want to blog about organizing that room. Before and After pictures! Oh my!
I wish you were here helping me organize (& clean) I am getting ready for all my family next week and I've kind of let the guest room go. So much meal planning to do, groceries to buy, bedding to wash and little things to spruce up the house and make it seem like I've got it together.
ReplyDelete