Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kalen- Fishing and camping with my grandpa!

A couple of days ago my Grandpa and I went camping. He picked me up at my house. We went to Trader Joe's to get some food. For breakfast first we got some eggs and pancakes. For dinner we got steak, carrots and potatoes. Then we went to his house to get the tent,cooking stuff,plates, and fishing stuff. (Because we were going fishing the next day.). We could not find the stove! We looked all over for the stove. Finely Grandpa said we would have to by a stove. When we got to the store we looked for a stove. We found a stove in the camping stuff in the store. When we were done paying we drove to the camp site. When we got to the camp site we set up the tent. Then we got our sleeping bags into the tent. I got all the cooking stuff out. We were going to make a fire but then I said lets go fishing today and the next day. My grandpa said that was a good idea. So we got our fishing stuff and walked to the beach. We used shrimp for the bait. We were sitting down when I got a bite. So I reeled the fishing rod in but their was no fish and there was no bait. I kept caching seaweed on my line of string. It was getting late so we went back to are campsite. We started a fire and roasted marshmallows. I had one and my Grandpa had two. When we were done we went in the tent and got in are sleeping bags. We read scary stories. My favorite story was THE ARMY THAT DISSAPEARED. Then we went to sleep. The next day we woke up, and made breakfast. For breakfast we had eggs and bacon and lots of fresh fruit. Then we got in the car and went to the pier with our fishing gear. When we got there we put together a fishing reel. My Grandpa showed me how to cast the line out into the sea. We had three fishing poles. Each one of the fishing poles had different bait on it. We were waiting for a long time. Finally, my fishing pole had a bite. I slowly reeled the fishing line in, when it was almost out of the water I saw that I had caught a star fish! But, before I could grab it, it fell off. We had to go back to our camp site to pack up. Later that day my mom and the rest of my sisters and brother met us at my Grandpa's house. Mom took us to the beach where we played in the ocean and boogie boarded. We saw fish in the waves. Afterward we went out for pizza and then Grandpa made us a fire in his roasting pit outside and we roasted marshmallows! Thank you Grandpa for taking me camping I had a great time and I love you. Goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment