Yesterday, we celebrated Reece's birthday and my sister in law arrived in town later that evening. My good friend Thira talked me into doing a "switch." So my four year old, Shane went home with her to stay the night and her oldest, Dell, stayed with us for the night. So, technically Dell is not family but we are such great friends with their family, he is like family to us.
We rushed home from church to start Sunday dinner. Usually my mother in law has us over for Sunday dinner but she was out of town this weekend, so we did dinner. We made a ham, homemade mashed potatoes, green beans, cauliflower, cranberry sauce and fruit salad. Since, my father in law came to dinner I made homemade gravy too.
I love family time during the holidays. I love these days. Family is in town, we cook together, play games together and everything is just relaxed.
Meanwhile in the other room the kids were playing with these fun dollar store streamers. And what do you know? I caught a fight on film. It's hilarious.
Dinner turned out fantastic. We ended the night with Family Home Evening. Reece conducted, Kalen played "Count your many blessings," on the piano and for our lesson we played Gospel Principal Trivia.
I love this time of year. Family is in town and we cast our everyday routine aside and just make memories and have fun. I care less about the house, the mess and everyone just has fun. We had a great Sabbath Day. What I Love Most Today is Family Time.
I love this time of year. Family is in town and we cast our everyday routine aside and just make memories and have fun. I care less about the house, the mess and everyone just has fun. We had a great Sabbath Day. What I Love Most Today is Family Time.


Love these moments too! I cut my thumb almost off when I was her age!
ReplyDeleteSunday dinners are the very best!!! Family time my favorite time and creating memories = priceless.
ReplyDelete