Friday, November 01, 2013

What I Love Most is Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs...

Once upon a time there was a princess named Snow White.  She was beautiful, but she was also really nice, happy, helpful, accomodating, hard working, good at cooking, good at cleaning and
well, busy.  :)



 But one day, something happened that caused her to be frightened.  It may have been a poisonous apple, but it also may have been the endless laundry pile, or the never ending dishes.  Nobody
really knows for sure, but they do know that she ran...and ran... 
Finally Snow White fell into a deep sleep...most likely from the running.  And to her great surprise, when she woke up she was surrounded by these strange creatures called dwarfs.  They were all around, seven of them to be exact, just staring right at her.  They were sad and crying.  Just look at the little one with the red hat on, he's devestated....
 
So she did what any other Snow White would do.  She told them stories and got to know them. 



She soon learned that each of them had a name and they were pretty silly names.    
Well, as the story has it, she really began to love the little seven dwarfs.  This one called dopey was so little she could just hold him and cuddle him.  And she did. 
 
 
She got to know each one of them, so she really knew what she was dealing with...especially grumpy.  The name explains it all. :)
 
And after she couldn't handle the cuteness anymore she offered to have them all come to live with her in her kingdom.  They wanted to live in the cottage but she said it was a "taaad" too small.  :)
 
So they began their journey through the woods and back to her kingdom... 
 
Where she offereed to them, all that she had.  She really loved those little dwarfs.  :)
 
They did what any other dwarfs would do...they played in the garden, in the trees, painted, rode bikes, studied, went to swim practice, played the piano, did puzzles and played some more.
 
And they began to really love her.  They would do the sweetest things like draw her pictures, obey, say please and thank you and give her flowers.  :)
 
 
They were turning into a family, so Snow White thought a family photo would make things really legitimate. 
 
And wouldn't you know it, those dwarfs had a trick or two up their sleeves.  They knew a nice handsome fellow that would drop by their cottage from time to time.  Well, when that handsome fellow and Snow White layed their eyes on each other for the first time, it was love at first sight.  Of course. 

And so you have it.  A sweet fairy tale that has an uncanny parallel...to my life.  Today, What I Love Most is Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. 

Yep, it's that time of year, can you believe it?  I will do a post everyday in November.  It's become a tradtion that I love.  This is the third year I've done it and I've enjoyed it so much! 
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. Awww..this is the the most beautiful blog post ever.
    Wow...just wow.
    All the dwarves and the prince and the princess are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Shauna I nearly died this is so awesome. You even look like snowhite (better in fact) - and the 7 dwarfs, and a handsome prince, You guys rock - love to you all - hugs from Denmark.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was too cute, shauna! i love their large "tummies" too! and you make a gorgeous snow white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT! I wish I could have gotten my children to dress up as a theme! They wouldn't go for it! Love your new haircut! I have been thinking of chopping mine off, but I think I will wait until I get back from China! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shauna, you are a woman after my own heart. These are outrageously awesome. My favorite is the one where you are seated on the bench and they are gathered around and I think it is Georgia who is giving you a flower. So perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome!! Shauna, you almost make me want to have seven kids and that is saying something. :)
    This is so great. You are beautiful and your kids are adorable. I also love the throwback picture of you guys as wizard of oz. So classic. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute all those little dwarfs, especially Grumpy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a splendid story indeed!! I laughed, cried and it all eneded with a happily ever after- amazing! You are so creativly awesome and I LOVE how your fam gets into with you... so much fun!! thanks for the smiles today:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is Awesome! Love Grumpy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shauna! So creative and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable!! where'd you get that dress?? I love it!! can't wait for all your November posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:15 PM

    so cute, Shauna and Kirk! You are an amazing family....so glad to be your friends. __wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post Shauna! No one could guess you have seven kids and a busy life with all these amazing blog posts you do! :)

    ReplyDelete