Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What I Love Most Today is Baking!

"Alright girls, we're going to handle this dough like men."  This is the first thing Gwyneth told her sister and Isabel after she got all of the ingredients in the Kitchen Aid.  She cracks me up. 

I like to bake.  Gwyneth loves to bake.  But, I hardly ever bake, except for yams and breads.  I just don't get around to it until we are really into the holiday season.  Well, today the stars aligned.  All of the kids worked hard on their studies, got finished and it was pouring rain.  So, we baked all day long. 
 
I told Gwyneth to find any three recipes she wanted to make.  This was the ingredient makeup.  Welcome to the holidays of 2013 everybody, we ushered it in today, just for you.  :)
 
 
 
 
Just got a leeeetle carried away with the flour. 
 
 
 
Naughty...
 
Messy...but not too bad.
 
Here we go...
 
 
 
 
 
Sophisticated...
 
 
or rustic?
 
I like the rustic. 
 
You can't tell but it is pouring rain in this picture.  They just had to get out and take a break after all that baking! 
 
Happy baking during the holidays of 2013.  What I Love Most Today is Baking!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I could use some of those cookies right about now (at 8:45am), actually I'd be up for those anytime! Looks fun and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why you are so skinny! Yummy! I need an apron. Hope so sun it on it's way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good way to spend a rainy day, what else did you make? Cute girls learning all the tricks of the trade, love it. So happy to read your posts every morning, your in a good groove with blogging, I will find the motivation here again soon, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO SO SO darling and fun!!! love that you all spent the rainy day baking. i love those shortbread cookies with the candy in the middle, especially when it's chocolate!!! love the aprons too. you are such a sweet and fun mom, shauna!

    ReplyDelete