Monday, November 11, 2013

What I Love Most Today is Kids Artwork!

I am not a sentimentalist when it comes to most things.  On a regular basis I rid our home of "unwanted" possessions.  But when it comes to my children's artwork, I've got it coming out of my ears.  When my daughter Georgia came to me the other day and show cased these "individuals" of each one of us, I about died.  Look at how precious these are!  And look at baby Will down on the bottom, second in from the right.  It looks just like him!!!  Somehow, her oldest brother Kalen didn't make it in this collage.  Sorry Kalen, next time.  :) I My favorite thing about these pictures is that she did her drawing on this "kid" lined paper and that some heads are round, oval and square. 
 
Another of Georgia's pieces.  It's a Halloween theme, can't you tell?  The little girls are coming away dressed as princesses with their candy bags.  Precious. 
 
These are fun.  My three oldest kids went to art school for a year and half and came up with these.  I love that owl.  I've had them hanging for a long time now. 
 
Here's where most of the magic and creating happens.  On this little wooden, humble table in our backyard.  Sometimes five kids will be piled up at this table doing artwork. 
 
And I display the children's artwork everywhere.  Even places like this.  I think it's the best art to display. 
 
And I love the artwork so much because it keeps them so busy.  Like just today Shane and Summer were out there painting this cardboard box.  It kept them busy for at least forty minutes.  Amazing.  :)
 
Art made at the Children's Discovery Museum.
 
Really little people art from Shane and Summer.  The trees were created by Reece.
 
Pastel Easter hands by Summer in Nursery at church.  And Georgia traced her hand and tried to fit her whole family on it.  Where does she come up with this cute stuff?
 
This kind of looks like Will too....
 
Here they are creating magic.  My heart melts over their artwork.  There is nothing better than the creations that come from our children.  What I Love Most Today is Kids Artwork!
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I have framed some of my kids work! The rest I take photos of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did such a great job. Artwork is the greatest expression. Btw, I try and have Ave do all of her art projects outside ; ) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh they're all too cute. I too can't let go of the artwork, and the reports, and a mess of other stuff. With my own stuff I am like buh bye, but the kids, I'll just keep wallpapering my house with it. The square faces are so avant garde!!!!! Love her originality.

    ReplyDelete