November 18th is my husband's birthday and I will always love this day the most over anything else. The kids made a surprise birthday party for him tonight. So he walked in to these kids with their blowers and hats. We have great kids.
We invited Kirk's parents over for dinner along with Kirk's oldest brother, Keven. I made these Apple Cider Pork Chops and they were so good....courtesy of ValSoCal and they are currently on her blog right now. They are so easy. I used thin cut chops and season them with Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper. After they are pan fried, take out the chops and pour Apple Cider in the hot skillet to deglaze. Add fresh thyme and butter to sauce and pour over chops. So good!!! Everyone loved it.
For dessert, I decided to just make brownies and chocolate chip cookies. My husband doesn't need anything fancy, just chocolate and milk. :)

Funny Kalen...
Georgia wrote Dad. Another famous Happy Birthday banner made with love. And a card from Georgia on the bottom and Reece really went out of his way to write a letter to his dad. I didn't help him or tell him to do this. He loves his dad so much.
And then Kirk ended his birthday by reading to these two. This is what I love most about my husband. He loves to be with his kids. We had a family party, nothing fancy. These are usually the best kind. We were in the comfort of our own home, with good food and company.
What do I love most about Kirk?
Simple. He is a righteous Priesthood holder. He would do anything to help our family become better and he does. He's happy and hardworking. Perfect? Yes, perfect for me. And so together we work on ourselves and we are a team. He has a way about him, a way that I fell in love with in the first moment I met him. He still has his ways and I love him even more than ever.
Happy Birthday to you Kirk. What I Love Most Today is you....
What do I love most about Kirk?
Simple. He is a righteous Priesthood holder. He would do anything to help our family become better and he does. He's happy and hardworking. Perfect? Yes, perfect for me. And so together we work on ourselves and we are a team. He has a way about him, a way that I fell in love with in the first moment I met him. He still has his ways and I love him even more than ever.
Happy Birthday to you Kirk. What I Love Most Today is you....


The pork chops look fantastic! I am going to have to go get the recipe. Happy Birthday once again to your man!
ReplyDeleteOh can I please be in your Birthday family? Looks like so much fun! Looks like you guys know how to get down and celebrate!!! Let me just say- those pictures I spy you have of your fam are just so great- love it all!
ReplyDeleteDarling, hello. What a sweet celebration for your beloved. Plotting surprises as a pup was always The Best.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to check out the pork chop recipe - even though we don't cook pork at our home, I love to make it at the cabin or my parents' house - it could be a really lovely surprise for them. Is she the one that also shared that meatball sub recipe awhile back?
Your comments mean the world and when I say that I wish we were neighbors, I mean it! It feels like you are never quite so far away at all (sometimes I think of things that I need to tell you right this instant!) even though we are miles apart. Thank You, friend, for being a part of my life.
p.s. That photo montage of your children on the wall? Really excellent decorating idea.
I really lile reading though a post that can make people think.
ReplyDeleteAlso, many thanks for allowing me to comment!
Review my blog post ... make-Up Artist panait elena in Bucuresti ()