Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What I Love Most Today is Thrifting!!!

I've been thrifting my whole life.  I'm from Southern California, Los Angeles to be specific and in those parts you'll find some of the best thrifting around.  My dad starting to take me to Melrose years ago to the funky thrift stores where we would spend hours.  Aardvarks was my absolute favorite.  I found many a treasure there.  But, I didn't thrift for my children as much until I was inspired by some friends that were expert thrifters.  I'm mainly thinking of Marie Wallwork.  :)
 
So about thrifting....I hardly buy anything new for my kids.  My favorite thrift store is Savers.  They will always give a 20% to 30% coupon for bringing a donation.  So I never go without taking something to give away.  That way I have my coupon to use during that shopping trip. 

The above line is all from Savers.  All of their pants for toddlers are $1.49.  Shirts are $.99.  The precious dress was $2.00.  And don't forget the 20% off.  So that's seven articles of clothing for under $10.00. 
 
The same situation is below.  Seven articles of clothing for under $10.00.   And it's the cutest stuff ever.
 
 
 
My two favorite cardigans.  The one on the left end and the blue one.  They were $3.00 each.  The shirt was $2.50 and the two sweaters were $3.00.  Plus the 20% off and that brings us to about $8.00. 
 
In this lot are my two newest dresses, which I love.  The dresses were $5.00 each.  The skirt on the end, I love so much, was $3.50.  The sweater and the shirt were each $3.00.  Plus 20% off, is still under $20.00. 
 
 
Are you thinking your grandma has this sweater?  Seriously, it's so cute on. 
 
Shoes.  All pairs were between $5.00- $7.00. 
 
 
 
I never, ever, buy church dresses new, for myself or the girls.  They come in droves at Savers.  And they are so cheap, it's unreal.  Most of the girls dresses at Savers are between $2.50-$4.00. 
 
How precious are these dresses?  I know, too precious. 
 
The girls wear a cardigan to make the tank dresses modest. 
 
Shane needed new church clothes in a bad way about three weeks ago.  I went to Savers and came out with these goodies.  With my 20% coupon this was under $10.00. 
 
 
 
Some miscellaneous items.  Can you believe that Roxy jacket?  I was contemplating it because it was $12.00.  A tad expensive when you thrift a lot.  I decided to go for it and it rang up half off and an additional 20% off with my coupon!!!  I got the jacket for about $4.00!!!  I love it.  The cute mustard shoes are for Gwyneth.  Picked them up for $4.00.  Great church shoes for her.  And that sweater?  It's a United Colors of Benetton brand.  I was probably about $300 new.  I love it so much. The fit is amazing and it was $5.00!

I love the seventies and early eighties style of clothing.  As I'm sure you could tell.  Anything with puff sleeves or pleats puts me in a tail spin.  :)  The other wonderful thing about thrifting is that my kids are in the habit of used items.  They are becoming savvy themselves about trying to find things used first.  But, like anything else I try to thrift only when I need things.  And you better believe I needed these two jackets and those two dresses above.  :)  What I Love Most Today is Thrifting!!!!
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Love all your finds! I need to go thrifting with you sometime so you can show me the ropes. You and your kids always look so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection in a post! The blue dress with the white collar?! Beyond cute. Glad I could be a good influence on you :) Thrifting is the BEST!!!! Great finds Shauna. Love reading your posts every morning with my oatmeal, November is my favorite month of mornings because I know I can read your words.

    ReplyDelete